Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Our outstanding Glasgow Corporate Team is currently seeking an experienced, ambitious, and forward-thinking Account Executive to manage and retain an existing book of UK Corporate and some global business. You will be joining an expanding team holding an enviable market reputation for client service and new business production.
Since its foundation in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately owned insurance broker with revenues in excess of $1.7bn. Today with more than 7,500 Associates in over 90 offices worldwide, Lockton is a dynamic and innovative organisation that embraces its uncommonly independent status.
Lockton is incredibly proud of our exceptional client retention rate of 96% and as such we are looking for an experienced and dynamic professional to join our team.
You will take responsibility for a portfolio of some of the Lockton’s largest UK clients across a variety of industry sectors including retail, manufacturing, leisure, and healthcare companies.
- Lead the relationships of an existing portfolio of circa 15 UK Corporate clients
- Ensure excellent client service at renewal stage and identify opportunities for growth
- Identify a client’s risk management objectives
- Agree and implement a client service plan and annual timetable of visits appropriate to the size and complexity of the client, to build commitment, develop relationships and review our performance
- Implement, monitor, and control the renewal procedure
- Advise upon changes in perceived risk exposures
- Co-ordinate the use of other Lockton specialist teams where required
- Assist clients in the event of major claims and ensure overall claims service provided is to the agreed Lockton standards
- Maintain renewal income to at least budgeted levels and in line with set and agreed personal objectives
- Create growth on the existing book with the generation and conversion of New Business.
- Provision of management information
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate global insurance programmes and liaise with our partner network worldwide or local service providers, if applicable.
- Minimum of 2 years insurance experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Property & Casualty business for large UK Corporate clients
- Outstanding and proven track record in successful client service and retention
- Extensive experience working on complex risk within the larger corporate market space
- You will be a highly driven and service lead insurance professional with great business acumen, demonstrating the ability to identify how you can add value from an insurance and risk perspective to large corporate clients
In return Lockton remain committed to recognising and sustainably rewarding associates empowering you to put your clients and their business first.
We attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral, and caring approach, in fact our associates are our greatest asset.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023