Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
An excellent opportunity for an individual with some prior experience in Audit (internal or external) or an interest in starting their career in this function, to join an in-house, international audit team to plan and conduct internal audit activity for Lockton International.
You will be joining a global team of 5 Audit professionals in the world’s largest privately-owned insurance brokerage, with operations worldwide. Working in project teams with your audit colleagues, you can expect to be involved in a wide variety of audit activity, with opportunity to travel internationally in time. You will benefit from excellent exposure, opportunity for professional growth (including through professional qualifications).
The successful candidate will be inquisitive, curious, and keen to develop a deep knowledge of our business and industry and, in turn, demonstrate credibility and accountability. You will be motivated and enthusiastic: driven to understand the mechanics of our business, to enable growth and change, and to identify opportunities for Lockton. You will build positive and commercial business relationships with internal stakeholders, enabling you to constructively challenge our ways of working and identify both risks and successes.
- Assisting in developing and implement an annual risk based internal audit plan, taking into account the assurance requirements of key stakeholders.
- Assisting in promoting the internal audit offering to key stakeholders and respond to assurance requests.
- Reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of the policies and processes in place to identify and manage key risks in the organisation.
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans procedures, laws and regulations that could have a significant impact on operations and reports, and determining whether or not the organisation is in compliance.
- Assessing the effective conduct of its operations with regards to the economic and efficient management of the organisation's financial, human and other resources.
- Reviewing operational programmes to ascertain whether or not the operations are being carried out in line with established objectives and goals.
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information, and the means used to identify measure, classify and report such information.
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, where appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets.
- Monitoring all corrective action plans and managing support and resources to ensure that management implement them promptly and effectively.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous process improvement
- Ensuring the quality of internal audit work is in accordance with the Internal Audit Terms of Reference and IIA standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of general internal audit, insurance and regulatory issues
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in producing minutes of meetings and papers for Boards
- Strong academic background
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation
- Excellent attention to detail, and demonstrable experience of delivering thorough and accurate work
- Proficiency for writing, including report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and credible: ability to gain the confidence of management and colleagues
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
- Some understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures.
- Some understanding of audit procedures
- Some understanding of the principles, procedures and techniques of accounting, and of financial records and transactions
Desirable, but not essential
- Relevant undergraduate degree (e.g. Finance or Business)
- Part qualification with ACCA/ ACA
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023