Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton are currently recruiting for a senior client account executive/ broker to join the Global Financial Institutions (GFI) team in London.
Provision of account support and broking services for Lockton’s GFI Retail clients including programme placement. To aid in the overall service provision to clients ensuring that the business is retained and developed. Maintenance of records, preparation of forms/documents, verification of information, and resolution of routine problems. To assist in new business RFP’s and onboard new client to Lockton GFI team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Line management responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with direct reports and confidence to discipline when necessary
- Overseeing and supporting the development of more junior colleagues, including acting as a guide and mentor for ‘future leaders’ within Lockton GFI
- Handling large and complex Financial Institution clients, with high level of complexity and client contact (“Gold” service standard )
- FI broking and account handling for larger business developed regionally and in London
- Represent Lockton GFI in new business RFP’s and onboard new clients
- Work in support of producers and the GFI Retail team leadership to achieve growth targets and maintain high client retention rate.
- Work with GFI team to maintain and support solutions for the efficient handling of smaller business through binders and facilities, including use of Client Portals
- Identification of cross-selling opportunities and appropriate engagement with other teams within Lockton to support growth goals e.g. Cyber and General Insurances
- Assist the development of products and solutions with insurers for clients and prospects
- Implement, monitor and control the provision of placement and related services for clients and prospects in accordance with Lockton compliant procedures and client specific KPI’s
- Advise clients upon changes in perceived risk exposures and prepare them for optimal renewal process and outcomes.
- Produce renewal reports and attend debrief / feedback meetings as necessary
- Prompt and accurate resolution of queries
- Assist with maintaining an up to date wordings, clauses and templates library
- Liaise with insurers and clients as required in support of Lockton Insurer Strategic Partners, Producers, Account Executives and Brokers.
- Provide SPOE check for quotes, slips, and invoices prior to release to clients as required by other team members
- Ensuring timely provision of accurate information to accounts/ audit/ legal compliance colleagues to enable prompt processing of risks, in line with Lockton Key Performance Indicators
- A deep market-leading understanding of the relevant classes of business and the full Lockton GFI product offering
- Ability to formulate a plan for placement strategy
- A detailed understanding of the broking process
- Knowledge of and relationships with all markets for GFI products
- An understanding of the regulatory and legislative landscape affecting GFI and related insurance and of a client’s business issues, insurance needs and expectations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications including basic/intermediate use of spreadsheets and databases
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development.
- Personal presence to interface with management of other businesses, insurers and other third party providers, representing Lockton in the highest professional manner.
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and associates.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023