Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton are actively seeking an experienced Business Support Technician to join the busy Marine team sitting within the Transportation division. This role would suit someone with 3-5 years experience in a similar technical role. It will be supporting the brokers from a back end and front end technical position, whilst mentoring the more junior members of the team.
- Deliver a broad range of services to agreed SLAs, utilising consistent processes across business units wherever possible, using appropriate core systems / market interfacing solutions to effectively process and manage the company’s business. Services to include, including but not limited to:
- Credit Control: Invoicing, PPWs, payment extensions, debt chasing & query management
- Bureau management: Closing advices, queries, held funds, e-accounts / IMR
- File management: Storage of all relevant documents, emails, submission details, Sharepoint folder creation
- Controls management: Ensuring adherence to risk controls (e.g. SPOE, Sanctions, File completeness)
- MI & Data analysis and provision: Broker, client and market reporting, portfolio analysis, KPIs
- Facilities management (Binders, Line slips): Bordereaux monitoring, chasing, processing
- Data entry: PPL, BE, Salesforce
- Workflow management: Renewal lists, PPWs, Bordereaux monitoring
- Query management: clients, markets, brokers, bureau
- Develop and manage internal/external relationships. Communicating effectively at all levels.
- Manage Compliance, Regulatory Requirements and Market Issues
- Market Reform, technical and Industry Knowledge
- Professional and tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- A dynamic and proactive mind-set, open to change and the philosophy of continuous improvement, with a positive “can-do” attitude to solution creation and problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other associates and clients and insurers when needed
- Strong planning and organisation skills, process oriented Highly service focused self starter – with the proven ability to build, maintain and develop good business relationships.
- Proven leadership and strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with Associates at all levels.
- Problem solving skills.
- A knowledge of FCA regulations and guidelines relating to both commercial and retail customers.
- Knowledge of the resources available within Lockton and how to source such services in order to service our clients.
- Proven strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with Associates at all levels.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023