Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Since its foundation in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately owned insurance broker with revenues in excess of $1.7bn. Today with more than 7,500 Associates in over 90 offices worldwide, Lockton is a dynamic and innovative organisation that embraces its uncommonly independent status.
We are now seeking an individual who will thrive in this type of atmosphere. Our Global Risk Claims team are now looking to recruit a Specie Claims Associate to join our dynamic and expanding team. The successful candidate will have solid experience of Specie claims handling and should be looking to make that next step in their career.
- You will be responsible for managing your own allocated portfolio of accounts, and the claims which arise therefrom.
- Your portfolio will consist principally of open market / binder business on a wholesale basis.
- You will be handling claims arising from a broad mix of industries including Fine Art, Jewellers Block, Cash in Transit, General Specie, Cargo, Liability, Auto Damage.
- You will be handling claims from first advice to final settlement, including setting up first advice, processing and managing subsequent movements on Lockton internal claims systems / ECF / Class.
- Your duties will also include providing administrative support to the existing members of the cargo claims team.
- You will be required to meet the agreed Service Standards, volumes and performance levels in line with the Key Performance Indicators and handle claims efficiently in a proactive manner through physical and/or electronic broking, negotiations & management of claims payment process.
- You will be reporting to the Team Leader and support / assist the claims team on large, contentious or complex losses.
- Minimum of 3 years claims experience, preferably within the cargo field.
- An understanding of the standard Specie clauses
- Proficient in using the London market systems e.g. ECF, CLASS
- Working towards ACII qualifications would be an advantage.
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, networking, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent use of standard Microsoft applications.
We attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral and caring approach, in fact our associates are our greatest asset.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023