Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Lockton's Construction Claims team - a team of 3 closely aligned with the Construction brokers, and who advocate for clients across a diverse range of UK and International Construction risks. In this role will support the administration and handling of Construction Claims, enabling excellent day-to-day service for our clients.
Lockton GREAC is the largest combined Real Estate and Construction broking team in the London market, with a strong culture of collaboration, associate recognition, and professional development.
- Supporting Claims Handlers to administer the claims process
- Efficient processing of specific sections of the claims process, including notifying new claims to insurers and loss adjusters, progress updates and diary management.
- Setting up first advice and managing movement on VF/ECF/Class, (London Market only), as directed
- Preparation of and management of claims payment process, in conjunction with IBA
- Pro-active management of the email inbox, meeting agreed standards of service, volumes and performance levels
- Provide management information on work state returns and performance logs
- Escalate claims promptly to Claims Handling team where necessary
- Provide feedback for insurer and adjuster review meetings and actively contribute to the development of relationships
- Support Claims Executives with the preparation and presentation of client claim reports
- Maintain records, forms and documents as required
- Collate data and statistics for trend analysis
- Engage with insurers as required
- Effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Effectively manage queries with the market (and to the satisfaction of the client)
- Respond promptly to client queries
- With guidance of the Claims Handling Team, build and nurture long-lasting client and supplier relationships by developing a constantly expanding network of client and market contacts
You will have:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills in order to liaise with third parties and internal departments
- Proactive and solutions-oriented
Ability to prioritise your workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Confidence with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel. (all in- house system training will be provided)
- Willingness and ability to develop knowledge through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company
You will be:
- Dedicated to make an ongoing commitment to self-awareness and self-development as a client administrator
- An active contributor to a team-oriented and collaborative approach across GREAC
- Motivated to develop peer to peer connections across Lockton business units
- Keen to progress CII qualifications and relevant industry training to ensure a wide band width of knowledge
Desirable, but not essential:
- Previous corporate experience, or insurance experience
Lockton attract the best professionals to come and work with them who are excited by their unique culture that values respect and an ethical, moral and caring approach.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023