Head of Compliance & Legal Counsel
Head of Compliance & Legal Counsel
Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lead the development of a professional risk and compliance team for Lockton Singapore by leveraging technology to afford maximum operational room for processes to be efficiently conducted within the regulatory compliance requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Enhance and implement policies, systems, and processes in relation to the governance, use, and analysis of personal data.
- Oversee the regulatory function. Monitor and manage Lockton Singapore’s compliance with regulatory requirements under the applicable laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Enhance and manage policies, systems, and processes to counter the risks of Lockton Singapore’s involvement in money laundering, terrorism financing, weapons proliferation and sanctions evasion, bribery, corruption, and filing of Suspicious Transactions Reports (STRs).
- Manage regulatory returns to the Regulator on a timely basis.
- Localise and implement Lockton International corporate policies, governance programmes and relevant initiatives.
- Perform periodic compliance reviews.
- Quarterly risk and compliance reporting to Lockton UK.
- Keep abreast of compliance and regulatory requirements, trends and best practices relevant to Lockton Singapore. Provide advice and support implementation of changes as required.
- Oversee Lockton Singapore’s risk matrix.
- Provision of legal advice and support on contracts and business issues as relevant.
- Interpretation of policies and development of internal guidelines to facilitate operations.
- Proactive in finding solutions to business and operational issues.
- Implement technology to ensure compliance operations are efficient.
- Degree in Law with prior experience in compliance for an insurance broker or general insurer. Legal education and experience would be an advantage.
- Working experience with exposure to the finance sector.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Flexible and business-minded in regulatory and policy interpretation.
- Experience dealing with the Monetary Authority of Singapore on insurance regulations and issues.
- Experience working in the health and general insurance sector dealing with risk, compliance, legal and regulatory issues.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework and compliance issues relevant to general insurance and reinsurance broking.
- Comfortable learning and using technology tools and platforms e.g. Microsoft 365 solutions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023