Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
UK Treasury Operations Team
The UK Treasury Operations team, based in Brighton, is responsible for managing both the firm’s operating cash and also the client cash we hold as a result of being a regulated insurance broker. We manage all bank accounts for the UK entities in the group, as well as our Ireland, Bermuda and Malta subsidiaries. In line with the firm’s strategy, the UK Treasury team is developing and enhancing its capabilities. A vision and strategy for the team is currently being developed, which will review the organisational structure, implement and optimise the use of a new treasury management system (GTreasury), establish more robust controls and increase the efficiency of our processes. We expect new joiners to actively contribute to the development of the team.
Purpose of the role
- The role is in the UK Treasury team with a focus on;
- Ensuring adequate funds at account level
- Assist with bank account administration
- Liaise with banks to resolve issues and deliver requirements
- Ensuring the funds we look after on behalf of clients are managed appropriately
- Helping with initial implementation of GTreasury, and being involved in developing its additional capabilities and efficiencies over time
Key responsibilities of the role
- Managing same/intraday liquidity for both operating and client accounts
- Administration of standing orders/direct debits
- Produce reports as required
- Input of payments into banks and/or GTreasury
Bank Account Management
- Completing bank information for new accounts and closing accounts
- Involved in monitoring correct signatories are in place
- Relationship management with the banks in your operational areas
- Complying with Financial Conduct Authority regulation in relation to the management of the money we hold on behalf of clients
- Involvement in the implementation and expansion of GTreasury
- Ad hoc projects as required
Qualifications / Educational Requirements:
- Good academic background
- Treasury qualifications or experience advantageous but not prerequisite.
- Relevant Experience
- Demonstrate ability to work well as a team
- Exposure to change projects would be helpful
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with treasury management systems is desired but not essential
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023