Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
As a result of Lockton's continued growth and strong performance across the business, demand has arisen to create this Assistant Company Secretary position.
As Assistant Company Secretary you will provide support to the Group Company Secretary in delivering effective company secretarial support to Lockton entities in the UK and subsidiaries in other jurisdictions. The role encompasses looking beyond the pure company secretarial matters having regard to the overall success of the Lockton businesses, providing company secretarial support and advice in relation to Lockton Group entities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing support with internal projects and transactions;
- Providing sound company secretarial advice on a range of jurisdictions including drafting, reviewing and executing in accordance with local formalities, company documents, forms, trade registry applications, resolutions, recapitalisations and ancillary documents;
- Ensuring best practice corporate governance principles are implemented in day to day activities;
- Assist with monitoring changes in relevant legislation;
- Develop, maintain and keep under review key constitutional documents (articles, TOR’s etc);
- Keeping electronic records of all entity documentation and filing processes;
- Manage induction planning for incoming directors and Board Members and assist with ongoing training activities;
- Support the Group Company Secretary with embedding governance framework; and
- Ad-hoc projects and general administration duties.
- ICSA/CGI qualified or pursuing qualification preferred;
- Strong administration skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills with ability to build relationships at all levels;
- Able to plan and prioritise own workload to meeting deadlines;
- Financial services background preferred but not essential;
- Knowledge of governance based practice, relevant issues, statutory requirements;
- Knowledge of Diligent Entities and Boards preferred.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023