Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Member of the Legal team with key area being a general commercial contracts paralegal, ideally with some insurance market knowledge. Key responsibilities:
- General Advisory: Advising and working closely with the business to provide a pro-active service on a range of commercial law issues including, but not limited to, insurance agreements, general contracts, supply agreements, IP, Privacy, NDA’s, TOBAs, fee service agreements and general business law (see below).
- Keeping up to date on and advising the business and legal team on changes in the law;
- Assisting on a wide range of other general insurance commercial contracts, with drafting and negotiation, including without limitation: NDAs; File Transfer Forms and BORs; Bank/Broker Comfort Letters and TWIMC/VOI Letters; IAR and Other Introducer and Referral Agreements; AR Agreements; Collaboration Agreements; Insurer TOBAs and Non-insurer TOBAs (including Co-broking Agreements, Placing Intermediary TOBAs and Producing Intermediary TOBAs; LISP Agreements; Fee Services Agreements; Non-Insurance Mediation Services Agreements; and Service Level Agreements/ Mutually Referred Business Service Agreements;
- Marketing: Marketing List Agreements; skill and prize draw competitions; Sponsorship Agreements;
- Other Non-insurance Service Agreements: Outsourcing Agreements and Supply of Services Agreements to Lockton;
- IT, Website & Procurement/Vendor Services: A wide variety of IT agreements including Saas Agreements; General website documents and terms and conditions; Website Licence Agreements; Software Licence Agreements; Software Escrow Agreements; Software Maintenance Agreements; App Development Agreements; Website Development Agreements; and other third party vendor services into Lockton, website terms; disclaimer terms;
- Privacy/GDPR/Information Security: supporting the Privacy & Information Security teams with advising and drafting on Data Protection Clauses; GDPR Mandatory Data Transfer provisions, Privacy Notices; Consent captures; PECR; DSARs; policies and procedures; regulatory compliance;
- IPR: Trademark Licence Agreements; use of other trademarks;
- Assisting in the general queries that arise in the business, including potential contentious matters, dependent on the resource of the legal team as a whole.
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude
- Quick to grasp new concepts and retain information
- Excellent organisation skills and able to effectively prioritise – delivering high quality work to deadlines
- General commercial contracts knowledge required
- Some Insurance Law knowledge an advantage
- Some Privacy Law and Privacy Contracts knowledge an advantage
- Instinctive commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills – understanding of senior management interactions
- Proven technical ability
- Strong communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong drafting skills
- The ability to identify and resolve legal risks
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility and willingness to be involved in all areas of law.
- Experience gained in private practice and/or in-house ideally in a commercial contracts team, ideally in the insurance broking sector, covering a wide range of general commercial and contract law matters
- Excellent academic record. Relevant legal qualifications (completion of the LPC/BPTC) preferred
- Experience of the insurance industry/London Market and policy wording drafting would be highly desirable
- Experience of Data Privacy/Data Protection matters/UK & EU GDPR, including knowledge of the data privacy and E-privacy regimes in EMEA, MENA and other international jurisdictions an advantage.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023