Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The Regional Information Security Officer (RISO) leads and manages the cybersecurity posture of Lockton Companies at one of the three global regions of business operations and reports directly to the Global Chief Information Security Officer. The RISO defines and cascades the global information security policy in their scope and ensures its application. RISO has an advisory, leadership, delivery, assistance, training, and alerting role with the management of Lockton Companies. RISO ensures proper alignment with Lockton Companies’ global cybersecurity strategy and act as primary liaison between the global information security office and the regional business and IT leadership, helping the lines of business understand and implement security policies and processes while also helping translate business priorities to the global information security office. The RISO ensures the implementation of operational processes and solutions to guarantee data protection and information systems’ security level. Through relationship management, influence, and negotiation, the RISO supports both the core information security function and helps lines of business improve the global information security program’s maturity by encouraging collaboration, ensuring relevance, and driving results.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Defining and implementing a Cybersecurity Strategic Plan at Lockton entities in-scope, aligned with the Global Cybersecurity Strategic Plan, business objectives, local and regional regulatory and compliance requirements
- Determining methods to implement, enforce and advise the Lockton entities in-scope on cybersecurity related issues. This includes educating business and functional leaders on security awareness, operationalization of policies, standards and baselines
- Mitigating Lockton’s risk exposure at entities in-scope, ensuring that appropriate risk treatment plans are developed to comply with defined risk appetite. This includes risk identification, risk acceptance, solution development and risk mitigation implementation support
- Leading Lockton’s cybersecurity transformation journey to put in place at entities in-scope, an organization based on key disciplines: Information Security, Cyber Incident Response, Operational Resilience, Data Protection. This includes collaborating on key security tasks, such as incident management, access control, threat modeling, vulnerability management, third party assessments, etc.
- Ensuring well-informed security decisions are taken, escalating risk, when required to the executive management
- Ensuring the provisioning of adequate resources (financial, human, technological, etc.) to implement the Lockton Global Cybersecurity Strategic Plan
- Securing and monitoring the necessary budget and investments to deliver the mission
- Support information security awareness and training initiatives to educate workforce about information risks and mitigation
- Minimum 10 years of information security experience with at least 2 years as senior security leader responsible for overall security function
- Team Management & Leadership
- Ability to engage with Business Leaders of his/her perimeter as well as with CIO/COO/CISO hierarchy
- Organized, self-sufficient with ability to manage teams globally and drive change
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills (English)
- Demonstrated experience understanding security risks, identifying gaps, and creating risk-mitigating and remediation plans, drawing up IT Security roadmap
- Demonstrated experience understanding of technical aspects of information and IT technology and core security components such as network, firewall, proxy, VPN, anti-malware, email protection and filtering, system security controls, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
- Good grasp of PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, NIST, UK Cyber Essentials, GDPR, POPIA, and other security norms, regulations, standards & frameworks
- One or more of the following or similar certifications is a plus: CISM, CISSP, CCISO, CRISC
- Analysis and synthesis skills
- Executive presence, and the ability to foster relationship management, negotiate and influence
- Effective communications skills, including both written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to translate security principles into business terms
- Foundational technical expertise, including both business acumen and strategic thinking, as well as the ability to identify issues and provide innovative problem solving
- Passionate about driving and sustaining change through committed leadership
- Creative and results-oriented, who is good at balancing multiple priorities and issues
- Team player up and down the organizational structure, across countries and IT/ Security departments
- Ability to form open, effective, and trusting relationships with country CxO members
- Provides a high level of professional service to customers (both internal and external) consistent with Lockton standards and procedures
- Good skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially, PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023