Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton has a great opportunity for an experienced Commercial Broker to join our ambitious and growing UK Wholesale division in Manchester.
Since its foundation in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held independent by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Today with more than 8000 Associates in over 100 offices worldwide, Lockton’s dynamic and innovative organisation truly embraces its uncommonly independent status.
For nine consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognised Lockton as a ‘Best Place to Work in Insurance’.
- Effective and timely day-to-day servicing of an existing portfolio of UK based business
- Dealing with up to 30 renewals per month
- Handling the following lines of business: Commercial Combined, Combined Liability, Professional Indemnity, Medical Malpractice, Cyber etc.
- Regular direct contact with our UK Brokers
- Ensuring the issue of accurate documentation
- Identifying opportunities for business development
- Employing comprehension of Insurance principles and an awareness of Risk Management to identify exposures and suggest solutions
- Query resolution relating to coverage or accounting
- Experience in Commercial Combined/ Combined Liability
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and independently whilst prioritising your workload
- An awareness of regulatory controls and a familiarity with bespoke IT programs
- The ability to work as part of a team, develop a knowledge of and utilise given resources whilst adhering to standards and procedures.
In return Lockton remain committed to recognising and sustainably rewarding Associates empowering you to put your clients and their business first.
We attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral and caring approach, in fact our Associates are our greatest asset.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023