Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton’s Marketing department is an integrated team of divisional marketing, communications and design specialists who act as trusted advisors to create and implement strategic marketing plans and activity that supports business objectives.
Our specialist skills include advertising, marketing design and copywriting, thought leadership content production, digital marketing, and client document support (such as for tenders). We partner with Lockton’s brokering divisions to proactively tailor strategies that enable commercial success – there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to marketing at Lockton.
Following an exceptional year of continued growth, we are investing in the expansion of our marketing team to enhance, broaden and expand our marketing capabilities to further support both brand and business objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with previous PA / administration experience in a corporate setting to join Lockton’s Marketing team.
As the Marketing Personal Assistant, you will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and Operations Manager to provide PA and administration support.
Although experience within the Insurance industry would be beneficial, it’s not essential for the role, providing you have worked in a similar type of corporate, professional services business.
You will be joining Lockton in an exciting period of change and evolution, with opportunity to grow, develop and make a real impact to a forward thinking and agile organisation.
- Provide diary management as appropriate
- Managing all aspects of coding invoices, expense management, returns and reporting, in accordance with Lockton Gift & Entertainment and Travel & Expenses Policies
- Ensure all travel/meetings/events are marked up in all diaries as necessary
Secure meetings upon request, making sure all meeting elements are communicated (e.g., location, time, duration, attendees, and any preparations required)
- Liaise with facilities and catering and book requests in advance
- Minute regular meetings, ensuring to capture and follow up on outstanding item
- Create/edit/merge presentations for key meetings (mostly PowerPoint) using Lockton templates
- Arrange domestic and overseas travel, in accordance with Lockton’s Travel & Entertainment Policy
- Format/draft correspondence and documents efficiently and accurately as required
- Manage new joiner set-up and induction in conjunction with HR, IT and Training teams
- Support team with ordering branded merchandise, maintaining stock levels, recharging costs where appropriate, keeping the stock cupboard tidy and organised
- Maintain electronic filing
- Organise team socials and activities
- Purchase IT/Marketing equipment
- Any other ad hoc duties to provide administrative support
- Trustworthy and understands the importance of discretion and confidentiality
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office skills/IT literacy – especially Outlook (experience of arranging meetings across multiple time-zones a bonus) PowerPoint and WebEx
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills; ability to plan and work efficiently and in accordance with changing business needs
- Can manage own time, prioritise tasks and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
- Experience in juggling multiple busy diaries
- Takes responsibility for delivering on actions, achieving high standards and learning from mistakes
- Ability to work well with new people in a collaborative, understanding, and engaging way
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional manner, able to deal well with pressure and use own initiative to get things done, without compromising accuracy
- Reliable team player willing to help
- Travel co-ordination experience
- General administration proficiency (agendas, meetings, minutes, actions)
- Flexible in role and very keen to learn new topics and take on responsibility/assist operationally as required
- Contributing to effective working relationships with other Pas and overseas offices
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise effectively, and meet deadlines
- SAP Concur knowledge advantageous, but not essential
- Prior experience studying or working in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience in financial services or working with a purpose-driven business is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023