Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The IT Finance & Vendor Manager will report to the International Chief Information Officer although the role focus will be specific to the UK/European operation and will work directly with the UK Finance organisation to update and manage the IT budget. Additionally, this individual will work with IT suppliers to negotiate supplier agreements for services needed by the IT organisation. They will establish supplier options and work across IT leadership to solution the best options to fulfill the need. The IT Finance & Vendor Manager will work closely with the vendor representatives on invoicing and resolving disputes.
IT Finance & Vendor Manager Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee all activities associated with the IT budget which consists of IT Security, Service, Infrastructure, Applications and Projects.
- Support the IT leadership team in annual financial planning process for IT partnering with global counterparts and Lockton Finance as needed.
- Track and analyse historical and future projections.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities that support the department’s financial strategy, include benchmarking, reporting and analysis.
- Provide finance support to IT Leadership as needed, supporting accruals, cross charging, pre-payments, and related activities.
- Monitor the market and analyse IT industry trends for better supplier options.
- Develop and maintain procurement policies, procedures, and strategic sourcing plans including those for equipment, hardware, software, and services, ensuring alignment with all regulatory requirements.
- Establish necessary controls ensuring vendor invoicing aligns with budget and services etc. and what has been procured is delivered and Purchase Order processes are defined and followed.
- Research, identify, and qualify potential new suppliers to secure more cost-effective sources of products and services supporting IT leadership team and partnering with Lockton Global counterparts as necessary.
- Maintain supplier contracts and ensure adherence to contractual agreements.
- Manage and co-ordinate service review meetings with qualifying 3rd party suppliers and appropriate Lockton Technology resources, including support of instigation of RFI’s/RFP’s as appropriate.
- Work with Legal and Data Protection to ensure all contractual obligations are met for each supplier including reviews of existing contracts every 3 years.
- Work with IT Security to ensure new suppliers are vetted to Lockton standards and existing suppliers successfully complete annual reviews subject contractual obligations.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Establish quality control and conduct regular performance assessments and mitigate supplier-related risks.
IT Finance & Vendor Manager Qualifications
- Strong finance and accounting skills to establish and track invoicing and budget.
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies.
- Effective contract lifecycle management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build relationships with suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of IT products and services.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to manage priorities in delivery, product demands, and procurement timelines through analytical capabilities.
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adept at benchmarking and conducting research into product and service-related issues.
- The ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Experience in supplier and contract management including obligations management, DPA and GDPR obligations, service level tracking and reviews.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023