Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton currently have an opportunity in the Mid-Market Solicitors team for a Junior Account Executive. There will be full training and support in the role and you have the opportunity of working towards a fully funded professional qualification. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market -leading broker and either start or progress your career in a specialist area of Insurance.
Suitable candidates for the role will have recently finished education, graduated or have 12- 18 months of experience in general insurance work and will need to demonstrate a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
The overall purpose of the role is the provision of account management services for existing Lockton clients and to aid in the overall service provision to clients ensuring that the business is retained and developed.
- Provision of the day–to-day servicing of a client’s insurance programme to support retention and development of the business.
- Placement of insurances for clients in accordance with Lockton strategy.
- Effective and timely management of renewals to ensure completion by the due date.
- Obtain quotations both for renewal and some new business.
- Preparation of market and client documentation.
- Check policy documentation for accuracy prior to issue to the client.
- Provision to the client of policy documentation in accordance with regulations and in line with Lockton procedures.
- Deal effectively (and to the satisfaction of the client and the market) with queries, including but not limited to changes in cover and risk.
- Prompt and accurate resolution of accounts queries.
- Identify the risk exposures and advise on insurance and risk management solutions in consultation with the Account Executive/Partner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage time, priorities and ensure deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- To have an eye for detail, to be inquisitive and prepared to learn quickly.
- To be willing to learn quickly but also to be inquisitive and not be afraid to ask questions.
- Competence in Microsoft Office suite is beneficial.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation.
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and associates.
- Demonstrate an understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve the appropriate associates.
Long term prospects:
The role will offer a foundation for the applicant to gain exposure and experience in one of the most progressive departments within Lockton. It will provide an obvious career path of becoming an integral part of the team and of Lockton. Performance will dictate progression, but the business will help support the applicants long term goals, if already known, or later in their career.
The role of a Junior Account Executive will be to gain and possess the skills to become a competent Account Executive and manage their own portfolio of clients. Dealing with a volume of smaller renewals will build the sales, technical and negotiation skills to maintain client relationships and become a trusted advisor.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023