Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Full Time Permanent
Since being founded in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the largest privately owned insurance broker in the world with revenues in excess of $1.7bn.
Lockton is a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation that embraces its uncommonly independent status. The company best demonstrates its entrepreneurial culture in the empowerment of its Associates to act quickly, learn fast and provide the right solutions for their clients.
We are now seeking an individual who will thrive in this type of atmosphere. Our Global Risk Claims team are now looking to recruit a Marine Hull Claims Handler to join our dynamic and expanding team. The successful candidate will have solid experience of Marine Hull claims handling and should be looking to make that next step in their career.
- You will be handling a variety of claims and responsible for managing your own allocated portfolio of accounts
- Your portfolio will consist principally of open market wholesale and retail business .
- You will principally be handling marine claims including Hull and Machinery and Marine Liability claims for which some experience would be preferable
- You will be handling claims from first advice to final settlement, to include setting up first advice, processing and managing subsequent movements on Lockton internal claims systems / ECF / Class.
- You will be required to meet the agreed Service Standards, volumes and performance levels in line with the Key Performance Indicators and handle claims efficiently in a proactive manner through physical and/or electronic broking, negotiations & management of claims payment process.
- For key accounts you will be responsible for maintaining the claims relationship, including regular calls, and provision of claims reports and management of Insurers.
- You will be expected to work closely with the Hull placing team, and keep them appraised of all key loss developments and identification of trends.
- You will be reporting to the Team Leader and supporting / assisting the Marine Claims Advocate on large, contentious or complex losses
- Minimum of 5 years marine hull claims experience preferable .
- Knowledge of relevant policy coverages and exclusions.
- Proficient in using the London market systems e.g. ECF, CLASS
- Working towards ACII qualifications would be an advantage.
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, networking, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent use of standard Microsoft applications.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023