Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Full Time Permanent
To develop Lockton’s response to emerging regulatory risk and developments in the regulatory landscape. To be proactive in providing advice, and guidance to the business. To maintain a professional standard that satisfies legal and regulatory requirements and our ethical, moral, and regulatory duties to customers, including the need to treat them fairly and manage conflicts of interest. To contribute to Compliance’s assurance activities that ensure the business has the procedures, skills and tools it needs to deliver services and meet its strategic objectives. To help develop and maintain adequate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the FCA Handbook across the business, and to provide training and guidance on the regulatory framework.
To provide support to all functions within the Risk & Compliance Unit.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day support to the Head of Compliance
- Escalating major issues and/or highlighting where trends exist to the Head of Compliance
- Implement best practice strategies and to gain knowledge of office specific business activities.
- Contribute to the overall development of the Compliance function’s strategy
- Drive forward development of Management Information and Business Insights
- Consider the impact of any matters of concern or changes that arise in the business, from our regulators, the insurance market or European Commission.
- Responsible for horizon scanning and identification of emerging regulatory issues
- Ensure Lockton has in place robust and effective procedures to mitigate regulatory risk
- As required, responsible for regulatory submissions via Connect, Gabriel and any other FCA notifications
- Record breaches and complaints, ensuring appropriate records are maintained and lessons learned with corrective actions implemented to prevent future problems.
- A solid understanding of the regulatory framework, particularly SMCR and ICOBS and their application within the business.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business efficiency, develop and implement internal systems and controls.
- Relevant transferable experience gained from a compliance role
- Ability to build effective and positive business relationships, and deliver solutions to stakeholders
- Ability to be professional and tactful in negotiation – to listen and be influential in achieving objectives
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Proven ability in problem solving skills, including the ability to resolve complex issues and devise actionable solutions
- Ability to compile, analyse and interpret management information and data to facilitate decision making
- An understanding of or working knowledge of the legal and general principles applicable to insurance
- An understanding of or working knowledge of the nature and structure of the insurance industry
- An understanding of or a working knowledge of the broking process
- An understanding of or a working knowledge of how to mitigate E&O
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023