Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Trainee Account Manager
Since its foundation in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held independent by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Today with more than 11,500 Associates in over 125 offices worldwide, Lockton’s dynamic and innovative organisation truly embraces its uncommonly independent status.
For ten consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognised Lockton as the ‘Best Place to Work in Insurance’
In line with our succession planning strategy, we are currently looking to appoint a graduate level individual into our commercial insurance team in the Aberdeen office.
The overall purpose of the role is the provision of account support services for mid to large sized, often multinational clients; ensuring that the business is retained and developed.
There will be full training and support to work towards a professional qualification with the Chartered Institute of Insurance. This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in insurance and gain a broad exposure to corporate risk. The role will offer a foundation for the successful candidate to gain exposure and experience alongside experienced industry specialists. Performance will dictate career progression, but the business will help support your longer-term goals, if already known, or later in your career.
The role will enable you to develop technical and negotiation skills to maintain client relationships and become a trusted advisor.
- Provision of administrative support in accordance with agreed Lockton procedures.
- Preparing renewal questionnaires.
- Collecting data/statistics for inclusion in market presentations.
- Preparation of marketing documentation for new business, renewals and mid-term amendments.
- Working on premium allocations where required.
- Preparation and issuance of invoices, mid-term amendments and closings.
- Creating and updating relevant systems along with monitoring external systems.
- Liaison verbally and in writing with clients, insurers, associates, lawyers, private equity professionals and Lockton’s global partners.
- Prompt and accurate resolution of queries.
- Monitor and respond to management information reports.
- Interaction with underwriters – broking the different aspects of each client’s insurance programme.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams.
- A personable character, enthusiastic, professional and able to demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and similar software applications.
In return Lockton remain committed to recognising and sustainably rewarding Associates empowering you to put your clients and their business first.
We attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral and caring approach, in fact our Associates are our greatest asset.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023