Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Full Time Permanent
We have a new exciting opportunity within the Global Real Estate & Construction (GREAC) Division for an experienced Claims Executive to join our Construction team.
The GREAC team, based primarily in London, deliver innovative insurance placements and risk management services for organisations involved in the real estate and construction sectors. This dedicated division, comprising of more than 190 Associates, is the largest and most established combined Real Estate and Construction team in the London Market.
In this role you will provide claims handling services to an allocated portfolio of clients while supporting the overall claims service provision to our clients, and supporting associates within the team.
- Managing claims to conclusion, liaising effectively and appropriately with the client, insurer, loss adjuster and any other interested party.
- Provision of advice on the application of policy cover and the necessary documentation/information required to progress the claim.
- Negotiating with insurers to achieve the most beneficial and cost-effective settlement for the client.
- Negotiating with insurers to ensure reserves are realistic and appropriate
- Ensuring claims are registered and appropriately updated on our systems
- Attending internal and external meetings as required.
- Report any major or sensitive claims to Account Executive responsible
- Understand the appropriate claims notification and investigation procedures applicable to each class of insurance
- Understand the insurance programme and service plans for an allocated portfolio of clients and document client specific claim handling arrangements for internal purposes
- Provide feedback for insurer review meetings and actively contribute to the development of relationships
- Build and nurture close, long-lasting relationships by developing a constantly expanding network of client, insurer, lawyer and loss adjuster contacts
- Provide management information as requested
Maintain records on our internal systems and pro-actively perform claims cleanses
- Prepare and maintain client claim experiences
- Undertake specific tasks as directed by management, adhering to agreed project plans and timescales
- Excellent technical claims experience with strong knowledge of the London Market
- Excellent understanding of Construction risks
- Ability to prepare and interpret claims experiences and analyses
- Excellent communication skills – to effectively and professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and colleagues
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation
- An understanding of regulatory controls and procedures
- CII qualifications would be advantageous
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023