Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Since its foundation in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held independent by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Today with more than 8000 Associates in over 100 offices worldwide, Lockton’s dynamic and innovative organisation truly embraces its uncommonly independent status.
For nine consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognised Lockton as a ‘Best Place to Work in Insurance’ and we now have a new opportunity for an Actuarial Analyst in our Risk Practice team in the city.
As an Actuarial Analyst you will work as part of the Risk Practices division to support our strategy to enhance Lockton’s use of analytics. You will support all divisions of Lockton giving you access to a wide variety of technical product lines & projects.
Recent team assignments include;
- Working with our client facing teams to build solutions for client questions or RFP’s using actuarial or data science techniques
- Building apps to support client risk management – recent examples include benchmarking limits, risk calculations, comparing deal structures
- Working with the broking teams on client pricing work
- Catastrophe modelling
- Supporting clients with calculating reserves
- Working with the broking teams to understand client needs and provide technical pricing input and where required, engage with Actuaries from Insurers to challenge their pricing assumptions, models and results
- Running financial analysis based on reported accounts for new and existing clients
- Provide analytical model building support, such as Aggregate Loss Projections
- Writing reports on the analytical data and model outputs to assist with commercial decision making
- Provide actuarial and analytical support to business development opportunities and RFP requests
- Support the development of new products, initiatives and sales materials
- Data cleansing, adjustment and processing
- You will be a part qualified Actuary with proven experience of working in both reserving and pricing, either from a direct client or consulting background
- Previous experience of working in the non-life insurance industry
- Ideally you will have experience of using R and R Shiny, however, other programming languages will also be considered
- Proven experience of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023