Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Full Time Permanent
Lockton are currently recruiting for a Junior Programme Manager to join the Digital team in London
The Junior Programme Manager will sit within the newly formed Digital team and will report directly to the Head of Digital. They will be responsible for working closely with the Head of Digital and the Programme Manager to support in framing and maturing the services/standards provided and act as an enabler across Digital and the business units to assist in the successful delivery of our product portfolio, working alongside our Digital business SME’s, Technology and our vendors whilst providing our leaders with the insights and assurances they need to support successful delivery.
This role will require working with senior stakeholders across various Divisions fulfilling the usual duties of a Project Manager including agreeing deliverables, metrics and success criteria as well reporting on the status of all elements of the project such as progress against the project plan, costs (estimated & actual), quality assurance and risk mitigation activities.
This is a very varied role, which will provide the opportunity to use existing skills and experience whilst acquiring new ones in the Digital space.
- Work closely with Head of Digital and Programme lead to identify project requirements, delivery timelines and budgets whilst working with subject matter experts to develop the end-to-end delivery scope
- Develop project plans based on needs and requirements to guide associates and project teams
- Utilising analytical and problem-solving skills while planning, designing, executing and monitoring every aspect of the project
- Planning and execution of one or multiple projects at a time
- Monitor project performance to ensure quality delivery in a timely and efficient manner
- Compile and submit relevant project reports
- Utilise excellent leadership communication skills to liaise effectively with all project stakeholders
- Always having the business user and the experience of our customers/clients in mind
- Collaboration with other team members to ensure the best outcomes are achieved
- Be an active advocate for change and to bring your knowledge of best practise in project management to help progress the teams’ continual improvement
- A solid understanding of the insurance/reinsurance industry
- Demonstrable experience leading projects or programmes across all phases of the project lifecycle and an understanding of key project and/or programme delivery methodologies
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional and cross-discipline teams both directly and through influence
- Strong communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders across all levels of the organisation including C-Suite
- Strong independent thinking and problem-solving skills with a proactive nature and not afraid to challenge as appropriate
- Flexible and adaptable with experience of working to tight/changing deadlines
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team with an openness to new ways of working and approaches
- London Market Broker experience
- Experience of acquisition, integration or business transfer
- Experience of Target Operating Model design/rollout; system implementations/general business change
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023