Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Broker – Kidnap & Ransom
Our highly successful and growing wholesale division is seeking an experienced Kidnap & Ransom Broker to join our Crisis Management team in the City.
Since its foundation in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held independent by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Today with more than 11,500 Associates in over 125 offices worldwide, Lockton’s dynamic and innovative organisation truly embraces its uncommonly independent status.
For nine consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognised Lockton as a ‘Best Place to Work in Insurance’
- Provide programme design, placement, marketing and consultancy services for Lockton clients in line with agreed account strategies and in accordance with Lockton operating procedures
- Manage an existing K&R book of business
- Educate and support the wider Crisis Management team
- Manage market relationships at both an operational and strategic level
- Understand clients risk profile, business needs and exposures to provide advice on coverage, programme pricing and retention strategy
- Identify and manage the use of other Lockton resources/specialist teams
- Assist with the resolution of service issues with insurers and other third party providers
- Attend Client Strategy Meetings where required
- Internal & external product presentations
- Undertake technical reviews (where identified) of insurance programmes for clients, making recommendations for change, where deemed relevant
- Undertake appropriate benchmarking for clients on their programme limits, coverage and deductibles as required
- Maintain a current knowledge of cover written by the major insurers and communicate to appropriate Associates
- Keep abreast of insurance market developments and communicate to those Associates as deemed appropriate
- Constantly monitor the market in order to consider the most appropriate placement strategy for Lockton
- Provide support in drafting reports/presentations/bulletins for use both internally and externally
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development
- Prepare broking presentations that accurately reflect the cover required and meets the clients' demands and needs
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar Broker or Underwriting position within the Kidnap & Ransom market
- Strong knowledge of Kidnap & Ransom line of business
- An understanding of the general, legal principles of insurance
- Ability to broke and service the insurance needs of clients
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and associates
- Strong presentation skills in both preparation and execution
- Proven problem solving skills, including the ability to resolve unusual and complex issues and then devise actionable solutions
- An understanding of regulatory controls and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications
In return Lockton remain committed to recognising and sustainably rewarding Associates empowering you to put your clients and their business first.
We attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral and caring approach, in fact our Associates are our greatest asset.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023