Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Full Time Permanent
In line with the Lockton MENA’s continued success and growth in the marine wholesale sector, the risk solutions team is looking to enhance its marine cargo and hull capabilities with a specialist who is directly focused on relationship development through linking interaction with our retail brokers and clients and our wholesale placement team. The role will have overall accountability in developing the value propositions, local teams, pipeline and territories where Lockton does and does not have a retail presence.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ’ directly developing our retail offices, advising retail clients and collaborating with Lockton MENA’s wholesale placement team on Marine Cargo and Hull program solutions.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Client facing advice on marine related program solutions for large and complex clients
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with insurers and clients as required in support of Lockton Insurer Strategic Partners, Account Executives and Brokers.
- Oversee and assist in the collection of insurer premiums revenues from Insurers and ensure compliance with the service requirements
- Effectively oversee our teams renewal allocation .
- Representing Lockton MENA and speaking at seminars, workshops and conferences such as AIRMIC, FERMA, RIMS etc.
The position is Dubai-based and requires a flexible approach to travel on a regional basis. The role demands excellent organisational and interpersonal skills to foster robust working relationships with our colleagues’ client base, insurance underwriters and their engineers.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- At least 7 years exhibiting extensive knowledge of marine insurance markets
- An understanding of the regulatory and legislative landscape affecting related insurance
- A detailed understanding of the broking process and all regulatory, tax and global compliance matters relating thereto
- Ability to formulate and execute a business development and placement strategy in conjunction with the wholesale team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with clients, insurers and other associates
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines without compromising quality of outputs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023