Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Full Time Permanent
Lockton are actively seeking a Head of Technical Solutions for the Transportation Division.
The purpose of this role is to oversee the day to day running of the Transportation Technical Solutions team to ensure the team runs efficiently and effectively and to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
As Head of Technical Solutions, you will be responsible for the service delivery of all aspects of post-bind processing, which includes risk and premium processing, credit control, issuance of client documentation and record management.
The Head of Technical Solutions will manage people, recruitment, team performance, process and work allocation – and be responsible for team outcomes.
- Define, implement and maintain a set of common processes across Technical Solutions, both in its own activities and in its interaction with the Business Divisions and other functions. This includes maintaining a common handover, work allocation and workflow tracking model.
- Maintain the alignment of the specialist resource, knowledge and capability in Technical Solutions to the Business Divisions, while developing flexibility within the team to better handle seasonal variations in workflow.and non-complex activity.
- Manage non-complex activity as a separate workstream.
- Manage the Technical Solutions team so that work is completed quickly and accurately. In doing so, you will achieve and deliver beyond the Key Performance Indicators (‘KPIs’) and operational targets set within the Service Level Agreement.
- Deliver, instil and reinforce operational process changes and improvements as directed by Europe Operations leaders.
- Manage the team to deliver maximum output whilst minimising headcount and cost of resource.
- Constantly seek out and implement process simplification and system enhancements that improve efficiency and effectiveness to optimise output and minimise costs. Support post bind digital initiatives that will provide benefit to the team.
- Strive to achieve a high degree of process commonality and standardisation across all aligned Divisions and lines of business - minimise and remove variations and process divergence.
- Actively utilise Workflow Management Tool (TSWM or equivalent) to manage and oversee the Technicians’ work. Ensuring they use the workflow tool daily to prioritise their own log of allocated work to achieve and exceed KPIs and productivity targets.
- Use the workflow tool to manage and distribute the throughput of work among Technicians and to achieve the optimum output from a speed and accuracy perspective across all aligned Divisions.
- Actively manage headcount and minimise the costs of delivering the service. Redeploy resource as appropriate to meet the demand across Divisions and ensure colleagues are cross trained to achieve this. Where appropriate, focus resource on delivering specific tasks.
- Managerial experience required including ability to organise, motivate and develop associates.
- Experience within Transportation or Marine is a must have
- Ability to conduct interviews and manage recruitment process.
- Able to organise and chair meetings.
- Confidence to engage with senior management.
- Ability to analyse data to identify issues that may have an impact on team performance.
- Able to challenge and implement new processes and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required. Able to respond to complaints calmly and effectively.
- Knowledge of London Market applications and processes (ie. IMR, Lloyds Crystal, A&S Portal etc).
- Experience of Premium processing and invoicing at a London Market Broking house.
- A general understanding of the London Market Reform Contract.
- Knowledge of submissions to Xchanging (DXC).
In return Lockton remain committed to recognising and sustainably rewarding Associates empowering you to put your clients and their business first.
We attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral and caring approach, in fact our Associates are our greatest asset.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024