Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Full Time Permanent
Lockton's People Solutions division specialises in all aspects of employee benefits consultancy, analytics, broking, and placement. Our multidisciplinary team consults clients to truly understand their needs and requirements, and to deliver tailored and integrated health, risk and wellbeing programmes that add value and manage cost.
We are looking for a Senior Statistical Analyst to join our Analytics team - working alongside our Consultants to undertake statistical analysis and provide reporting and insights that meet our clients needs and contribute to our client proposition.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technical and commercial individual to join a successful business division at an exciting time of growth. The successful candidate will have a statistical or actuarial background within Health insurance, and will be a key member of our team of 4 in improving efficiencies, developing new statistical products and enabling analytical solutions.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Lead the development of actuarial and statistical solutions to specific business problems, both internal and external
- Use, and drive the use of, statistical techniques to generate insightful research and analysis to add value to Lockton People Solutions' client proposition
- Deliver claims forecasts on PMI and liaise with account consultants to provide technical knowledge on client reporting
- Carry out ad-hoc projects, across our lines of business including Health and Risk, to support the growth and development of our business
- Support client analytical commentary across all lines of business
- Present and lead actuarial and statistical outputs to clients in a manner than can be easily explained
- Support the development of other colleagues and team members
- Education to Bachelor’s degree level in a subject containing a high proportion of statistical content
- Previous experience within the health & life insurance markets, and experience in dealing with private medical insurance claims data / forecasting techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power BI
- Experience in stochastic modelling / stress testing / scenario testing methodologies
- Relevant technical expertise, in particular programming language such as R/Python, DAX/VBA
- Experience of using statistical analysis software
- The curiosity and aptitude to investigate experience using data and develop new models
- Experience of analysing quantitative data for presentation, both verbally and in writing
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to clients and consultants
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024