Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Strategic Risk Consultant
Office / home based / hybrid
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Strategic Risk Consultant to join our highly successful and growing Risk Consulting Practice.
Since its foundation in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held independent by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Today with more than 11,500 Associates in over 125 offices worldwide, Lockton’s dynamic and innovative organisation truly embraces its uncommonly independent status.
For ten consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognised Lockton as a ‘Best Place to Work in Insurance’!
About the Role
The Strategic Risk Consultant will be responsible for supporting the development of Lockton’s strategic risk consulting proposition, within Lockton’s Risk Control Services (RCS) team. The consultant will work with the strategic risk team to support continued growth and enhance current resource capabilities. It is anticipated the role will involve a combination of business development and technical project delivery, maximising opportunities to:
- Deliver enhanced value to clients.
- Support new business opportunities.
- Develop revenue opportunities in line with Lockton values.
- Grow Lockton’s strategic consulting approach.
- Complement and enhance the current strategic practice proposition.
The successful candidate will have good experience in delivering risk consulting projects, ideally within a consultancy environment, including insurance or financial services. Knowledge and experience of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), organisational resilience (including business continuity and crisis management), and supply chain risk management is preferable. The candidate should have the ability to lead and support the delivery of client projects in these areas, working with others across the team.
As a consultant within RCS, the associate will form part of the wider Risk Practices team, located in London. The consultant will be expected to form close relationships with client-facing colleagues across Lockton, acting as a risk partner to realise opportunities to support existing clients and new business.
The majority of the consultants’ time will be spent supporting UK projects, thus will require regular travel across the UK and Ireland. As Lockton continues to expand its international operations, there may be a need to support and respond to strategic risk consulting projects overseas and from the international businesses, which may require international travel from time to time.
- Educated to Degree level.
- Good experience in a risk consulting role.
- Technical expertise in at least one of the following risk disciplines: Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) organisational resilience (business continuity and crisis management) and supply chain risk management, across a range of industry sectors.
- Advanced presentation skills including report writing, proposal development and client presentation delivery.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word).
- Proficient analytical skills and data analysis techniques.
- Effective communication skills and project management capabilities.
Beneficial to have:
- Additional technical risk background (e.g. controls assurance, project risk management, Environmental Social Governance – ESG, business interruption, etc.).
- Specialist industry sector experience (e.g. real estate and construction, manufacturing, financial services, etc.).
- Strong team ethos and ability to work collaboratively and independently as required.
- Innovative and confident in bringing new ideas and ways of thinking.
- Effective workload management and ability to deliver multiple projects concurrently.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly understand the business model of various companies.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024