Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
About the Position
Lockton Global Energy
Lockton Global Energy is a cohesive and collaborative global team of handpicked energy specialists. Harnessing deep expertise, we act as a trusted partner to our clients, securing cost effective, bespoke insurance and risk solutions. As an independent broker, we’re not led by profit margins and shareholder demands, allowing us to always put our client’s interests first.
Founded in 2014, Lockton Global Energy is a specialty business focused on the Oil, Gas, Power and Renewables businesses. It has grown significantly over the past 10 years to include over 300 energy specialists across 35 countries, with over USD1.1bn of premium placed across our Energy divisions.
What is involved?
As the Operations Senior Assistant / Manager you will work closely with the COO of the Energy practice to support the delivery of the operational strategy. This will include supporting the day to day operations of the growing team, operational improvement and regulatory projects, and preparing MI and reports for management meetings.
What are the typical responsibilities?
- Support the delivery of operational and process improvement and regulatory projects, including investigation, root cause analysis and making recommendations for improvement
- Ongoing evaluation of systems, analysing data and evaluating processes to establish best practice and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure that necessary policies and standards for service quality are set, maintained and compliance of those standards is assured
- Ensures that all activities undertaken are compliant with current regulatory and internal standards
- Monitoring of cash collection performance across the Division, including client invoicing
- Maintains Divisional Risk Register
- Monitoring of Company KPI goals across the Division, ensuring remedial action is implemented where performance falls below company expectation
- Preparation of material for governance meetings (Business Unit reports, Divisional ExCo meetings, Team meetings)
- Ad hoc support to the Divisional COO and Business Unit Leaders as required
What skills and experience would we like you to have?
- Proven experience of working within an operations or support function for an Insurance company is essential
- Understanding of cash collection, client invoicing and general insurance accounting will be highly beneficial
- Knowledge of the regulatory controls, legal principles and risk management concepts of insurance will be beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including influencing, negotiating and presenting information to a varied audience
- Due to the nature of the work you will need to be organized, proficient in using Microsoft office and be comfortable with written and verbal communication with clients and colleagues at all level
- Desire to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team in a growing organisation
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024