Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Retail Casualty Broker
Since its foundation in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held independent by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Today with more than 11,500 Associates in over 125 offices worldwide, Lockton’s dynamic and innovative organisation truly embraces its uncommonly independent status.
For nine consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognised Lockton as a ‘Best Place to Work in Insurance’ and we now have a new opportunity for an experienced Casualty Broker to join our Retail Placement Team in the city.
The purpose of this role is to perform an integral role within the team, managing complex, global casualty placements within Retail P&C and providing excellence in service to our clients, markets and wider team.
- Lead Senior Casualty Broker for Major General Liability Risks managing the strategy & placement, working closely with both clients and Insurers.
- Day-to-day Casualty Expert providing expert technical advice to our major clients.
- Responsible for leading and driving the strategy of Lockton’s new Home Foreign Product liaising closely with Lockton US and the UK Casualty Market including initial roll out and creation of new product vertical within the team.
- Drive New Business leading responses to tenders as Senior Casualty Broker, pitching to major new clients as required.
- Provide strategy and manage placement for Wholesale European, Canadian and US Risks working with client locally, and the Global Casualty Market
- Manage market relationships at both an operational and strategic level. Lead key insurer engagement sessions for Casualty quarterly with selection of major partners
- Utilise expertise and prior experience to support the team in driving efficiencies and growing revenue.
- Join wider Lockton Casualty steering group to strengthen collaboration with other divisions across Lockton and drive team strategy.
- Build expertise in mentoring and coaching with a view to take-on line management responsibilities 2024/25
- Leading Lockton’s Market Update publication for Casualty formally presenting to wider P&C division on a bi-annual basis.
- Further formal learning through professional qualifications, structured learning courses, attending seminars, team events, writing white papers etc.
- ACII Qualification
- 10 years+ of placement experience
- Strong insurer relationships with key UK and Global insurers
- Proven track record of effective stakeholder management
- Expertise in handing and managing complex global liability placements.
- Confident in handling multi-national placement arrangements
- Confident in presenting to clients, insurers, and wider Lockton.
- Experience in producing MRC’s & Endorsements to provide expert guidance to casualty team.
- Proficient in negotiation & having difficult conversations.
- Experience in leading teams & projects
Further Career Development
- Support you to achieve your career aims, and to be more intentional in planning how your progress be that through depth of specialism, breadth of knowledge or progression through the Lockton hierarchy.
- Build 3-year Roadmap of career to be reviewed and reassessed every 6-12 months.
- Connection with a Mentor within Lockton’s Senior Partnership team to support you navigate through career development. Also, connection with International based Mentor to provide you with greater visibility of wider opportunities & support.
- Technical based training for General Liability from Liability experts within the wider Lockton team looking into varying policy forms, triggers, punitive damages, Bermuda & Med Mal.
In return Lockton remain committed to recognising and sustainably rewarding Associates empowering you to put your clients and their business first.
We attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral, and caring approach, in fact our Associates are our greatest asset.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024