Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The Senior Client Manager will be responsible for the management, marketing, and planning for current and prospective Lockton clients under the general guidance of the Unit Manager of the Small Commercial Unit. Lockton Northeast’s SCU supports clients in the $50,000-$200,000 premium range.
- Lead the renewal of current client insurance programs from origination to completion and be active with new business opportunities. Management of renewal process from exposure gathering and analysis, market selection and submission, and the negotiation of coverage terms, conditions and pricing, proposal, and binding.
- Management of the account service items including accurate invoicing, endorsement processing, and certificate of insurance issuance across the client relationship.
- Prepare articulate, organized, and professional presentations (oral and/or written) for all levels of client contacts.
- Proactive and strategic anticipation of client needs and timely response to client inquiries and the requests of Producers and Unit Manager. Deliver best-in-class customer service by consistently exceeding client and team expectations.
- Prepare written correspondence, report, and analyses as needed.
- Review contracts and demonstrate the ability to identify contractual requirements within the contract and compliance with insurance requirements.
- Identify opportunities cross sell and provide clients with the most comprehensive appropriate program.
- Mentor and lead Analyst Associates.
- Develop and maintain carrier relationships at the underwriting level.
- Attend unit meetings, educational workshops, carrier functions, staff meetings, and social events as needed.
- Out of town travel infrequently required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, risk management, or related field; or equivalent education and/work experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience with commercial property and casualty account management. Small Business including work with carrier service centers experience preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple lines of property and casualty insurance coverage’s as they relate to various industries.
- Effective time management skills necessary to prioritize workflow and manage priorities.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours when needed.
- Ability to influence outcomes through professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion.
- Proactive thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with Associates at all levels of responsibility.
- Current insurance license required; ARM, CRIS, CIC, CRM, or CPCU certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Lockton is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion. We have a dynamic entrepreneurial culture in which our people are empowered to make a difference to better serve client needs. We are committed to giving back to our communities and we are invested in your success.
We offer a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023