Account Executive- Commercial Surety
Blue Bell, United States of America
Account Executive- Commercial Surety
Blue Bell, United States of America
Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Washington DC, Hartford, Philadelphia
The Account Executive-Commercial Surety is the primary business contact for Clients. They will be skilled communicators and presenters who can find the best fit between client and carrier. Well organized, passionate about client relations and focused on client satisfaction. Account Executives assist in new client deals and have the knowledge and skills to work through complicated agreements, details and have a strong ability to assist in closing opportunities.
- Understands and performs marketing services to provide the broadest and most competitive quality product for bond/surety clients
- Serve as a high-level technical Advisor to clients
- Accountable for client retention
- Understand client’s industry and market pressures
- Interface effectively and confidentially with senior management of client and or prospects, presenting Lockton in the highest professional manner
- Independently lead strategy and negotiation between client and carrier partners
- Handles high level complex issues and strategies
- Knows audience with the ability to adapt for any level
- Has Extensive Knowledge of Surety Products and Markets
- Coordinates market selection for new and renewal business, and maintains communication among producer, client, carrier, and other individuals, as needed, during the marketing process to protect current business and secure new business
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with clients to provide the best possible service on a timely basis and demonstrates ability to instill confidence and comfort with clients so that client looks to you and to Lockton as more than just an insurance broker, but as a partner in business
- Conducts analysis on client's financial stability reviewing all needed financial documents, credit information, accounting methods, cost records, estimating procedures, and business plans; evaluates client's history of project performance and completion
- Makes formal presentations to client decision makers, alone or with other Lockton associates, in a structure providing style
- Make positive efforts towards production in the solicitation of new bond/surety business; makes contacts for new business through participation in industry organizations, developing leads from Commercial Insurance Department associates, and other industry leads.
- Coordinates the servicing efforts to provide maximum service to client
- Makes positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strives to improve service to the customer
- Communicates in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment
- Protects the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position
- May be assigned supervisory responsibility for other department associates; and prepares and delivers timely performance evaluations for associates and complies with the Performance Improvement Process
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Time Management and Organization: Uses a range of skills, tools, and techniques to manage time when accomplishing specific tasks, projects and goals; this includes planning, allocating, setting goals, delegation, analysis of time spent, monitoring, organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing- Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills at a high-level
- Exceptional effective questioning
- Professionalism: Conducts oneself in a polite and respectful manner and demonstrates good judgment when dealing with internal and external clients
- Client Focus: Practices Lockton’s motto, “We Live Service,” while serving Clients’ needs, nurturing effective client relationships, and contributing to the overall success and satisfaction of Lockton
- Reliability: Completes tasks and job functions on time, while meeting or exceeding expectations; carries a trusted reputation for dependability, honesty, consistency, and commitment
- Expert Communication Skills – Independence and Confident: Expresses ideas clearly, listens effectively, shares information appropriately, demonstrates interpersonal skills, and resolves conflict as needed
- Industry Knowledge: Stays current on issues impacting the industry by maintaining expertise in functional area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or 10 years of experience equivalent
- Typically, more than seven years of Client services experience is required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge and experience within brokerage industry
- Understands industry trends and governmental regulations
- Ability to complete continuing education requirements as needed
- Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of Client and company information
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft
- Ability to use office equipment such as a computer, keyboard, calculator, photocopier, and facsimile machine
- Ability to work on a computer for a prolonged amount of time
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Legally able to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023