Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
San Antonio, Louisiana, Edina, Fort Worth, Houston, Texas, Oklahoma, Plano, New Orleans
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking a Sr. HRO Specialist, to partner with the HR Outsourcing team in managing and servicing client accounts. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism; possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to easily adapt to changing priorities. **This position can be remote!**
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design or collaborates on and manages benefits plans for clients including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, wellness plans, and retirement plans.
- Provide solutions to improve services, implement processes, and partner with HRIS, Audit and Payroll to support best practices.
- Prepare in-depth analysis of health care trends and strategies that address them.
- Manages professional relationships with various internal and external contacts, such as benefit carriers, employees and HR department.
- Interface with company leaders and represent the company at various events.
- Analyze vendor reports and work collaboratively to ensure plan provisions are implemented, interpreted and administered correctly.
- Develop and review employee benefit communications and presentations.
- Establish and create policies related to health and welfare benefits.
- Perform financial reporting related to the benefits programs.
- Oversees the benefit open enrollment process. This includes scheduling and conducting open enrollment and change meetings; preparing materials; supervising the input, audit, company notification, and employee confirmation of changes
- Act as the expert on all benefit and related human resources programs, plans, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations. Answer employee questions and concerns and ensure all claims are resolved accurately.
- Provide analysis, information, strategic support, and operational support for all benefits programs to management.
- Ensure compliance with federal laws such as ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and state laws in regard to the multiple states in which our clients do business.
- Assist with a comprehensive wellness strategy with a benefits-integrated approach
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong knowledge of HRIS/benefits administration systems
- Good understanding of Healthcare Reform
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision
- Experience in completing root cause analysis of system errors, ability to understand the way data flows, organizational structure in systems
- Familiarity with carrier administration systems (i.e. BCBS, UHC, CIGNA, Delta, Aetna) and ability to trace a disconnect between the BenAdmin system and the carrier
- Knowledge of benefit specific guidelines of DOL, IRS, ERISA, HIPAA and PPACA
- Ability to coordinate the day-to-day operations of employee benefit plans and programs including flexible benefits programs, group medical and life insurance plans, disability programs including FMLA administration, retirement plans
- General knowledge of Time and Attendance systems, Recruiting systems and General Ledger (GL)
- Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of contact by phone or in person
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Five or more years of professional experience in benefits administration
- Occasionally, based on client needs, may need to be able to pass background test and drug screening and answer any applicable COVID-19 questionnaire. This would be at no cost to you and would be based on acceptable testing guidelines as provided by recommendations from the DOL, EEOC, ADA and CDC both at the State and Federal level for business necessity.
- Legal right to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023