Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Interested in joining a company where you can immediately see the impact of your work? Are you looking to help a firm that has been on a growth trajectory take it to the next level? Do you thrive in a fast paced (really fast paced) and dynamic environment where culture is second to none? If you answered “YES!”, this may be the next step in your career.
About Lockton Northeast: The Northeast Series (region) for Lockton includes offices in the metro areas spanning Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City, Hartford, and Boston. The Northeast grew by double digits in our last fiscal year, and all of that growth was organically driven! – not through acquisition.
- Implementing new lines of coverage via account setup, documentation collection, and reviewing plan details with Client and Carrier
- Providing Client service aligned with Lockton Northeast processes / protocols and our overall Client Engagement strategy
- Gathering and compiling exposure information from the Client, including compiling loss-run schedules and Client stratifications
- Requesting and securing quotes from insurers
- Audits, quotes, binders, and endorsements and makes requests for changes as needed
- Following up for insurance policies then updates and completes policy check to ensure completeness
- Updating specifications, application, and summary information to reflect changes during the year
- Informing Client of any and all changes that may affect insurance premiums or coverage
- Creating and sending compliance communications as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related program preferred or equivalent education and/or experience required
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours and travel as needed
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Legally able to work in the United States
Time Management and Organization: Uses a range of skills, tools, and techniques to manage time when accomplishing specific tasks, projects and goals; this includes planning, allocating, setting goals, delegation, analysis of time spent, monitoring, organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing.
Analytical: Examines and interprets a wide variety of information and makes recommendations or decisions to help business achieve optimal results.
Professionalism: Conducts oneself in a polite and respectful manner and demonstrates good judgment when dealing with internal and external clients.
Client Focus: Practices Lockton’s motto, “We Live Service,” while serving Clients’ needs, nurturing effective Client relationships, and contributing to the overall success and satisfaction of Lockton.
Reliability: Completes tasks and job functions on time, while meeting or exceeding expectations; carries a trusted reputation for dependability, honesty, consistency, and commitment.
Communication: Expresses ideas clearly, listens effectively, shares information appropriately, demonstrates interpersonal skills, and resolves conflict as needed.
Industry Knowledge: Stays current on issues impacting the industry by maintaining expertise in functional area.
Lockton is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion. We have a dynamic entrepreneurial culture in which our people are empowered to make a difference to better serve client needs. We are committed to giving back to our communities and we are invested in your success.
We offer a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The hiring range represents the company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023