Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Account Manager-Employee Benefits
The person in this position will be the primary service contact for an assigned book of business and develop a strong working relationship with both the clients and carriers.
- Responsible for implementing new client launches including carrier involvement, communications campaign, employee correspondence, implementing and adhering to a project timeline, communicating program specific to client and information exchange(file transfers, enrollment systems, etc).
- Responsible for routine service, which includes the development and execution of service schedule, participation reporting (if relevant), and coordinating questions/initiatives with the client and carriers, conducts surveys.
- Meets with clients alone or in conjunction with Account Executive or Unit Leader according to standardized client meeting schedules.
- Conducts all marketing efforts as assigned by unit.
- Reviews agreements and/or documents such as employee booklets, carrier contracts, etc.
- Responsible for explaining new benefit offerings and communication strategies to existing clients.
- Develops prospective client proposals.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a business related field and/or equivalent experience in the insurance industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the insurance industry, specifically in the employee benefits area is required.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) or similar software applications.
- Demonstrated presentation skills including preparation and execution.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
- Ability to interact with vendors effectively.
- Good working knowledge of financial arrangements and products available to clients.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023