Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Benefits Analyst Job Description, Northeast
Interested in joining a company where you can immediately see the impact of your work? Are you looking to help a firm that has been on a growth trajectory take it to the next level? Do you thrive in a fast paced (really fast paced) and dynamic environment where culture is second to none? If you answered “YES!”, this may be the next step in your career.
About Lockton Northeast:
The Northeast Series (region) for Lockton includes offices in the metro areas spanning Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City, Hartford, Boston and our newest office in Portland, ME. The Northeast grew by 45% in our last fiscal year, and all of that growth was organically driven! – not through acquisition.
The Analyst is Lockton Northeast’s entry level position and is designed for a recent college graduate or experienced professional with 1 – 2 years of relevant insurance experience. The Analyst will be part of our Career Foundations Program which is designed to provide the technical and practical training needed to develop the Analyst as they look forward to a successful and long-term career in the Lockton Northeast Series. The Analyst is responsible for day to day client service and renewal support to Account Managers, Senior Account Managers and / or Account Executives.
- Primary Expectations:
- Responds to emails in timely manner (within 24 hours)
- Updates client call logs
- Is accountable for all assigned tasks which includes
- Setting expectations with internal team on deliverable format, timing, etc.
- Completing tasks within deadlines
- Communicating to team if they anticipate any challenges meeting deliverables
- Completes the Career Foundations Program (CFP) within 2 years
- Proficient in benchmarking, 5500 preparations, marketings, cost
- report, and other tools outlined in Client Engagement workbook
- Attends all training sessions
- Drives engagement and build a relationship with mentor
- Gains entry level knowledge of employee benefits and
- group insurance
- Exhibits strong written and oral communication
- Develops a basic understanding of Lockton and the services we provide
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Supports the Account team with the following:
- Responds to Client’s inquiries, maintaining documentation of communications, existing issues, and issue resolutions
- Provides Client service aligned with Lockton Northeast processes / protocols as it relates to the client engagement strategy including support as part of the client service team from strategy planning through to renewal
- Sends compliance communications as needed
- Manages open enrollment communications process including presentation support
- Reviews plan documents and materials for accuracy
A successful candidate will:
- Solicit feedback regularly from team and actively make progress towards goals
- Take meeting notes and send it out within 24 hours
- Exhibit an eagerness and enthusiasm to learn and be a part of a team
- Display strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Excel at multi-tasking, adapt to change and work on tight deadlines to meet our clients’ needs
- Manage time effectively, prioritize and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity
- Take initiative to solve problem independently before seeking help
- Actively participate in the Career Foundations Program
- Pursue technical excellence through professional designations, industry workshops, etc.
- Seek out new work assignments and assist other team members when capacity allows
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related program or other related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred including human resources administration, risk management or health policy.
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours and travel as needed
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Legally able to work in the United States
Lockton is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion. We have a dynamic entrepreneurial culture in which our people are empowered to make a difference to better serve client needs. We are committed to giving back to our communities and we are invested in your success.
We offer a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023