Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
JOB SUMMARY: Lockton is seeking a skilled communication consultant to create, manage and deliver custom communications and guidance to our clients. The successful candidate will be an outstanding problem solver, project manager and writer with a keen eye for visual design. The candidate will possess a strong, professional presence and possess the skills required to build client relationships, independently lead client open items calls, advance open projects, identify sales opportunities, mentor and develop team members and ensure flawless projects are delivered according to promised scope and timing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with clients to define project scope, gather necessary information, and set shared expectations regarding content, design and deadlines
- Provide planning and consulting advice to clients regarding messaging, layout, medium selection, and distribution channel management
- Work with clients throughout development to ensure new direction is incorporated, questions are answered and collaborative environment is maintained
- Helps develop overall client strategy and runs strategy meetings
- Demonstrates proficiency in managing large complex high-profile clients and projects
- Independently serve as lead creator of scoped content
- Write flawless and effective copy
- Define and convey clear messaging and creative direction to writers and designers
- Reviews and edits content and design to ensure content aligns with client strategy
- Achieve the desired output by editing art and copy to clearly convey key messages
- Independently manage the coordination of internal partners (strategic consultants, benefits service teams, traffic managers, copywriters, proofers and graphic designers) to ensure commitments are met and deliverables exceed client expectations, seeking out guidance as needed
- Follow processes as defined by the Creative Director
- Ensure success of overall project
- Ensure error-free delivery of projects by following established proofreading procedures
- Create and maintain client editorial calendars, communication plans and project plans
- Review each stage of development to ensure projects stay within scope and meet client objectives
- Independently organize the team calendar, assign responsibilities, and keep team on task for deliverables
- Able to attend evening and lunch events with clients to build ongoing relationships
- Present concepts and plans to internal and external audiences
- Participate in internal office meetings as required
- Travel to client meetings as needed
- Overseas account teams on complex projects to ensure efficiency and creative excellence
- Mentor and develop junior associates
- Other responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or closely related major
- A minimum of seven years’ full-time experience in communications (employee communication, corporate communication, public relations, marketing, or advertising)
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong working knowledge in use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong knowledge of AP Style
- Excellent writing, proofing and editing skills with a strong drive for accuracy and detail
- Exemplary aptitude and proven ability for use of the English language with regard to sentence structure, punctuation, paragraph formation, and grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to apply and enforce client established brand guidelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of total rewards, including compensation, medical plans, dental and vision, life and disability, etc. is preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly productive and collaborative environment through strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023