Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Affinity, LLC
Lockton Affinity, located in Overland Park, KS, is looking for an internal auditor to join our insurance underwriting team. We are searching for a top-notch professional who has a high attention to detail. If you have a background in commercial insurance, processing, or auditing, this could be the next opportunity for you!
The Audit Specialist is responsible for assisting in the design and management of internal audit programs that conduct independent assessments of underwriting quality, controls, and procedures of commercial and specialty insurance programs. This position monitors and communicates regulatory and insurance coverage document updates and is responsible for coordinating and managing all external carrier audits as well as any internal audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops audit strategy and plan to enhance enterprise risk management and compliance processes, ensuring strategic evaluation cycles for critical business functions.
- Performs quality control and standard audits to assess effectiveness of internal controls and ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines and other departmental procedures as outlined in the audit strategy and plan.
- Ensures audit reports are clear and accurate and are focused on issue identification with analysis of risk or impact to the business, including agency E&O exposures
- Coordinates and manages all external carrier insurance company audits.
- Monitors and communicates insurance company binding restrictions and form/rate/rule updates.
- Maintains portfolio of program underwriting guidelines and documents.
- Assists Department Managers with special projects as needed.
- Assist with inland marine claim handling as needed, which entails reviewing coverage, evaluating claim per guidelines and communicating to the customer.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 + years in the insurance industry, finance, accounting or related field preferred. A four year college degree or equivalent is valued.
- Underwriting or underwriting operations experience in the commercial property/casualty or specialty lines coverages, or full working knowledge of the underwriting process including, underwriting services, and policy issuance is a plus.
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret file information.
- Ability to organize audit findings into audience appropriate reports and to use communication skills to lead in person meetings delivering those findings to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain impartiality and confidentiality in the performance of audits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and effectiveness in position by successful completion of extended insurance education courses.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023