Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Insurance and Claims Analyst
The Insurance and Claims Analyst will coordinate and provide administrative support for Lockton Financial Services (LFS) claims throughout their lifecycle and deliver a consistent, positive customer service experience. This person will support Insurance and Claims Counsel in claims administration, client advocacy and other short and long-term projects that will involve research and writing. The role will have significant written and verbal contact with clients, markets, and internal teams, and will proactively engage with these stakeholders to obtain necessary correspondence and information. The Insurance and Claims Analyst will learn the fundamentals of mitigating corporate liability through specialty insurance products including Directors and Officers, Employment Practices, Cyber, Errors & Omissions, Fiduciary Liability, Kidnap & Ransom, and Crime.
- Proactively and independently manage and track an active claims load throughout the life of a claim.
- Effectively support Insurance and Claims Counsel with client advocacy, prospecting, and marketing.
- Obtain and track claims information for data analytics purposes.
- Successfully complete discrete research and writing projects.
- Receives and responds to routine client’s inquiries, maintains documentation of communications, existing issues, and issue resolutions, referring complex inquiries to more senior staff
- Prepares written correspondence and makes telephone calls to insurer claim representatives and clients as requested by senior staff
- Helps research and produce LFS publications such as whitepapers and risk trend alerts as requested by senior staff
- Report claims to primary and excess insurers for LFS claims, when requested
- Enter data into claims management system, audit for accuracy and completeness, and follow up with clients and insurers to keep it up to date
- Maintains and keeps records of clients
- Generates materials for client and prospect presentations and meetings
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Monitoring Information: Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
- Managing Work: Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Building Customer Loyalty: Meeting and exceeding (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Earning Trust: Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenge.
- Collaborating: Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or two years of experience equivalent
- Two to five years of client services experience is required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Strong reading and writing skills required
- Ability to complete continuing education requirements as needed
- Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft
- Ability to use office equipment such as a computer, keyboard, calculator, photocopier, and facsimile machine
- Ability to work on a computer for a prolonged amount of time
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Legally able to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023