Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Tampa, Miami, Pembroke Pines, Charlotte
Lockton is searching for an experienced property engineering consultant to work in a fast-paced team environment. The role will include the support of the insurance placement process, participation in the acquisition of new business, and advocation for the client with insurers while supporting the clients risk management and property loss prevention processes and programs. The consultant will work with the Commercial Insurance Department (CID) and Risk Control Services (RCS) to support and execute a strategy that enhances Lockton’s property risk consulting approach with its clients. The position requires moderate travel as needed to create and maintain client relationships.
- We Live Service! Providing the best solutions for our clients is fundamental to our business. This client focus means we act with integrity and as a trusted advisor. We learn our clients’ business and build partnerships. We always put our clients’ interests first.
- We run at Lockton Speed! We make decisions locally, with a sense of urgency. We are responsive to clients, our teams and our partners. Be quick, but don't hurry! This means get it done right the first time with efficiency, speed, and most importantly quality.
- We make it happen! There is no bureaucracy. We are open to solving problems in new ways. We are free to do the work that we love, take risks, while making responsible professional decisions. We value independence, new ideas, and informed opinions.
- We have a passion for our work. We have high expectations for our self and others. We are intensely competitive, and aggressively pursue the best solutions. We are intentional in how we work, and use drive and grit and move through challenges. We thrive on difficult challenges.
- It's Personal. Our relationships matter. We are in this together with our associates, clients, and communities. One team, where candid and straightforward interactions allow for proactive collaboration. We work through challenges, celebrate our successes, learn and grow.
5+ years of insurance carrier, broker, or risk management property engineering experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Science or equivalent
PE License, ARM, or CFPS certification a plus
Proficiency in the knowledge and application of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards and FM Global Data Sheets
Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the clients
Expertise in development and analysis of property insurance industry loss estimates including LE’s, PML’s, and MFL’s
Strong advocacy skills in working with FM Global insured clients
Self-motivated individual with successful ability to work in a team environment
Assists in the development of plans and materials required to achieve successful implementation of risk programs
Provides clients and prospects with loss prevention and risk analysis intended to positively impact their loss ratio and premium levels
Survey locations, equipment, operations, and safety practices and prepare reports that identify potential hazards and related underwriting risks
Communicate and distributes safety, hazard prevention, and loss-control information to Client
Understand, evaluate, and interpret insurance company and brokerage recommendations
Ability to mediate and/or negotiate with property insurance carriers alternative risk control solutions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023