Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Management, LLC
Job Summary: Responsible for preparing the monthly business unit financial statements and other supplemental financial reports. Assist with the monthly analysis of the financial statements. Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Lockton’s policies and procedures.
· Reconcile production monthly and review published monthly production report.
· Review monthly producer commission statements.
· Review monthly budget variance reports and prepare narrative analysis.
· Review balance sheet account reconciliations and research and resolve any outstanding items.
· Review monthly supplemental financial reports.
· Review broker fees and related journal entries recorded for accuracy.
· Review monthly finder’s fees and related journal entries recorded for accuracy.
· Research and answer producers’ production and expense questions.
· Review co-produced revenue recorded between offices for accuracy.
· Review annual audit schedules.
· Assist in the annual budgeting process.
· Assist in the annual forecasting process.
· Ensure that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management.
· Ensure compliance with all accounting department policies and procedures.
· Suggest new accounting procedures and recommend improvements.
· Complete special projects as requested.
· Participate on project teams focused on accounting or organizational initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a bachelor’s degree in Finance with relevant accounting experience.
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people in financial and non-financial roles, including Executives.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image and attitude, and foster a team-based environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023