Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Affinity, LLC
Lockton Affinity, located in Overland Park, is seeking a Business Consultant to join our collaborative, and engaging Inside Sales Team.
As part of this role you will:
- Interact with internal stakeholders and external prospects to gather, maintain, and organize information for closing new business sales.
- Challenge your personal best by calling on an abundance of leads every day.
- Come to work with high energy and a professional presence, ready to make a difference.
- Work with prospects to obtain key data needed to provide insurance proposals.
We offer our Business Consultants:
- Base pay + uncapped commissions.
- No chargebacks.
- Casual dress and a fun work environment.
- The opportunity for advancement in responsibility & earnings.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Gather information by phone from prospective niche market program customers.
- Answer inbound phone calls and email inquiries from prospective program customers.
- Make outbound phone calls to prospects.
- Facilitate the application process between Lockton Affinity and the customer.
- Make consultative presentations to customers.
- Build professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Respond to all requests from external and internal clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Learn CRM system and Velocity system.
- Become an industry expert with one’s assigned territory.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related program preferred.
- Typing speed of at least 45 wpm.
- Strong consultative skills.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, deadline driven department.
- Above average skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Currently have or be able to obtain property and casualty insurance and or life and health license within 60 days.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023