Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking a Vice President, Team Lead, to successfully grow and develop a book of business while managing their own internal client team. This position will successfully partner with internal and external resources to find creative cost saving solutions for complex benefit design plans, with the end goal of meeting and/or exceeding industry standards.
- Owns and manages your own book of business including the retention and growth of all client accounts
- Establishes objectives, budgets, timelines, deliverables and quality standards for team and ensure they are maintaining progress in a timely manner
- Proactively consult on large, complex clients including health and welfare plan design, pricing, benchmarking studies and negotiations, plan renewals and vendor analysis and management
- Enhance delivery to all prospects and existing accounts by acting as the trusted advisor and effectively communicating plan design and project scope while ensuring timely delivery
- Act as an expert within the Health and Welfare (H&W) practice and consult with other internal SME’s on complex strategies to optimize client satisfaction & retention
- Support the generation of new business by collaborating with Producers in prospect meetings, acting as the SME in H&W and leading the RFP process to close new accounts
- Cross-sell new services to current H&W clients to maximize key accounts
- Allocate resources and assign responsibilities that leveraged your team’s ability to work together effectively
- Develop and deliver monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to clients regarding trends, financial performance and plan changes
- Stay up to date on new tools and solutions to Contribute to the development of new Health and Benefits tools and approaches
- Responsible for final revenue targets and assisting with the development of business plans which include budget and salary requirements
- Manage, train and develop team members with the end goal of providing the highest level of support by meeting or exceeding industry standards
- Manage and complete performance evaluations and develop career paths for associates
- Determine staffing needs and work with Director in the recruitment and interview process
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field and/ or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the insurance industry, specifically in employee welfare benefits
- Required Insurance licenses or able to become licensed
- Management experience preferred
- Experience with large group clients in the healthcare/hospital industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to manipulate large spreadsheets, census data, disruption, geo access, benchmarking data, etc.
- Spearhead client relationships by delivering excellent customer service skills
- A strong working knowledge of welfare benefits in multiple product lines (i.e. medical, dental, life, AD&D, disability) and a strong understanding of risk and insurance
- Ability to drive differing financial arrangements and products available to clients (i.e. fully insured, self-funded, minimum premium, ASO)
- Strong understanding of funding options and medical underwriting calculations
- Experience with Ancillary products
- Excellent Microsoft suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be knowledgeable on compliance requirements and federal legislation
- Must be able to attend client/vendor meetings
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023