Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
The Client Manager I is at the forefront of our Lockton Northeast Client Engagement strategy. They are directly responsible for the day to day servicing needs of Lockton Northeast Clients under the general guidance of the Unit Manager, Account Executive and / or Senior Client Manager. Overall responsibilities include support of the marketing / placement / servicing of select lines of insurance and execution of day to day administrative and service needs. The Associate must be familiar with Lockton Northeast resources, policies & procedures and ensure overall compliance with the aforementioned. The Client Manager I will be a participant in the Lockton Northeast Career Foundations Program or Career Advancement Program which is designed to provide technical and practical training supporting continued career progression. A high performing and successful Client Manager I will support the Unit Manager, Account Executive and or Senior Client Manager to ensure transactional excellence and provide great customer service.
A successful candidate will have:
- An eagerness and enthusiasm to learn and be a part of their respective Unit or Practice
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- An ability to excel at multi-tasking, adapting to change and working on tight deadlines to meet our clients’ needs
- An ability to manage time, prioritize and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
- The entrepreneurial spirit, with an eagerness to learn and grow within the company
- The intellectual curiosity and quantitative mindset to leverage analytics to inform strategy and assist our clients in making decisions
- The initiative to actively participate in the Career Foundations Program or Career Advancement Program and to pursue technical excellence through professional designations, industry workshops etc.
- An ability to develop underwriter relationships with key insurers
- The desire to mentor and develop junior Associates, including Interns, Analysts and Senior Analysts
- Supports Unit Manager, Account Executive or Senior Client Manager on Lockton Northeast clients
- Supports the Unit Manager, Account Executive or Senior Client Manager in the service delivery and renewal process on a designated book of business including but not limited to marketing, placement and overall service.
- Responds to Client’s inquiries, maintains documentation of communications, existing issues, and issue resolutions. Engages senior level resources to support resolution where needed
- Provides Client service aligned with Lockton Northeast processes and protocols and our overall Client Engagement strategy
- Supports implementation of new lines of coverage by setting up account, collecting needed documentation, and reviewing program details with Client and Insurer
- Gathers and compiles exposure information from the Client
- Works with the Unit Manager, Account Executive or Senior Client Manager to request and collect quotes (new and renewal) from carriers
- Audits quotes, binders, and endorsements and makes requests for changes as needed
- Processes audits and creates audit analysis for Client
- Participates in client meetings - takes responsibility for presenting material as directed by Unit Manager, Account Executive or Senior Client Manager
- Receives policy, then updates and completes policy check to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Works with the Unit Manager, Account Executive or Senior Client Manager to update specifications, application, and summary information to reflect changes during the year
- Builds coverage specifications under direction of the Unit Manager, Account Executive or Senior Client Manager
- Supports new business opportunities and generates materials for Client presentations and meetings
- Creates and sends compliance communications as needed
- Supports analytics through the gathering of benchmarking and industry data
- Works with TSA to issue and process Invoices, Certificates of Insurance and Auto ID Cards
- Conducts basic contract review
- Resolves accounting issues. Escalates issues when needed.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related program preferred or equivalent education and/or experience required
- A minimum of three years of commercial Property and Casualty insurance experience and / or insurance broking/ consulting experience required
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours and travel as needed
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Legally able to work in the United States
Lockton is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion. We have a dynamic entrepreneurial culture in which our people are empowered to make a difference to better serve client needs. We are committed to giving back to our communities and we are invested in your success.
We offer a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
November 21, 2023
November 7, 2023
October 23, 2023
September 15, 2023