Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Affinity, LLC
Lockton Affinity, located in Overland Park, Kansas, is seeking a senior level Underwriting Manager to join and lead our Underwriting Department. This role will be responsible for leading and providing direction to managers within the internal underwriting teams. In addition, this role will manage and support the various delegated underwriting authorities for Lockton Affinity, including the related performance and profitability of programs within these delegated authorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Work with Lockton producers, Lockton Affinity senior management, underwriting managers and insurance carriers to develop, implement, and oversee underwriting practices and procedures.
• Develop coverage, procedure and/or pricing strategy with internal partners and insurance company program partners to ensure profitability and quality of the product line.
• Participate in the development and presentation of new program opportunities to insurance company partners.
• Support or lead program transitions with insurance company partners.
• Continually evaluate the performance of Lockton Affinity program business by various measures, including: (but not limited to)
o Line of coverage performance
o Program segment performance
o Individual program performance
o Concentration analysis
o Limit analysis
o Geographic Trends
• Make recommendations to internal senior management and insurance company partners on underwriting and/or pricing changes which are necessary to maintain profitability of program business.
• Recruit, hire, supervise, support, and provide back-up for the managers of the various underwriting units.
• Work with managers to establish and maintain underwriting dept. service and productivity standards.
• Interface with the insurance company and/or reinsurance representatives on program issues. Establish and maintain relationships with key insurance company partners.
• Provide back-up for internal underwriting referrals.
• Travel to represent Lockton Affinity on underwriting issues, attend industry seminars, and/or visit insurance company personnel.
• Prepare and deliver timely performance evaluations for those associates directly supervised.
• Maintain a high level of morale and promote the Lockton culture within department.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent education or experience.
• Current commercial property and casualty license.
• At least seven years of advanced expertise in various lines of property and casualty underwriting.
• Excellent reputation and proven accomplishments in property and casualty insurance industry.
• Ability to effectively analyze complex risks.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to successfully handle sensitive deadlines on multiple assignments.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships across the insurance industry.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to make decisions in compliance with Lockton Affinity standards of quality, performance and services.
• Legal right to work in the United States.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Prepares written correspondence, analysis, and memos as needed.
• Attends staff meetings, educational workshops, conventions, carrier functions, etc. on an as needed basis.
• Ability to travel and stay overnight for business meetings or conferences.
• Accumulates required continuing educational credits to maintain current insurance license.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023