Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Portland, Irvine, San Diego, Sonoma, San Francisco, Sacramento
Pharmacy Benefits Management
Partners with Lockton Associates and clients to provide strategic consulting, pricing and contract analytics, and vendor management related to self-funded pharmacy benefit programs. Responsible for management of relationships with Lockton’s pharmacy benefits providers and will support Associates in current client engagements and Producers in the sales process. A key function of this role is refining and presenting client facing projects (e.g. RFPs, plan changes) to multiple clients. Candidates should demonstrate exceptional communication, organizational skills, and professional poise.
• Successfully manages multiple and concurrent projects, priorities and tasks, and collaborates effectively with client consulting teams and producers to achieve desired outcomes.
• Collaborate with Lockton analysts to complete & present detailed comparisons of pharmacy financials, formulary and network disruption analyses, and PBM clinical programs.
• Leads PBM request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP) efforts, diagnostic studies and contract negotiations, and performs comprehensive pricing and contract analytics to support client and prospect decision making.
• Collaborates with Lockton Associates and clients to advise clients on issues related to their pharmacy program including formulary changes, plan design recommendations, clinical management program options and vendor management.
• Measures results of a client’s experience against agreed upon performance metrics and contractual provisions, and perform Ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
• Serves as hands-on pharmacy analytics and PBM expert; prepares and reviews project deliverables to be sure they meet client’s objectives and project requirements.
• Leads efforts in the development of sales materials, RFIs, RFPs, contracts, reporting, etc.
• Supports the sales process, working closely with Lockton Producers and Associates in discussing pharmacy analytics with clients and prospects.
• Works closely with Lockton Associates on client strategies and engagements, including implementation support as requested.
• Maintains close relationships with industry contacts to quickly notify Lockton Associates and clients about immediate/emerging issues in the marketplace.
• May demonstrate thought leadership by writing articles for publication, practice methodologies and tools, white papers. Develops white papers, comparison tools, and selection guides/overviews that enable Lockton Producers and Associates to better understand and discuss advantages of pharmacy analytics with clients and prospects.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree with 7+ years’ experience of pharmacy consulting, pharmacy benefit manager and/or pharmaceutical sales experience illustrating strong data analytic and problem-solving capabilities.
• Strong working knowledge of the Pharmaceutical and healthcare marketplace with a focus on carrier/PBM pricing practices and emerging trends.
• Firm understanding of concepts, issues, and overall impact of market pricing.
• Proven ability to organize and manage time to meet deadlines.
• Consistently demonstrated ability to instill confidence with clients so that client looks to you and to Lockton as more than just an employee benefits consultant, but as a partner in business.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Consistently demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with Lockton Associates and clients at all levels of responsibility.
• Exemplary presentation skills, including preparation and execution.
• Strong ability to delegate, lead, coach and mentor as appropriate.
• Demonstrated understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve others.
• Strong personal presence to interface with top management of other businesses, representing Lockton in the highest professional manner.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
May 31, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 8, 2023
April 20, 2023