Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Management, LLC
Lockton is seeking an experienced Internal Audit Manager to collaborate with Lockton’s offices across the US to protect Lockton’s brand and reputation.
This is a new position that will mitigate risk by implementing a risk-based plan and conducting periodic reviews of existing business activity to ensure quality, efficiency, and effectiveness across all domestic client-facing functions to protect Lockton’s brand and reputation.
This role will:
• Develop strong, business-centric relationships with leadership and internal customers.
• Travel to meet with key stakeholders, including executive leadership, in all of our U.S. geographic regions to determine need and identify enterprise risks.
• Design plans to provide management with specific recommendations to protect the Lockton brand and reputation, focusing on company culture, client services and practices, technology/efficiencies, and client retention.
• Develop and maintain a charter and related material to conduct audit activity; track subsequent follow-up and closure of open audit items; and create and report periodic findings to the Audit Committee and management as necessary.
• Develop and communicate written reports of audit function and periodic, ongoing audit findings with internal leadership and the Audit Committee.
• Issue recommendations, as necessary, and work with applicable department managers to ensure adoption.
• Work directly with the Internal Risk Manager and the Lockton board of directors to incorporate risks identified in enterprise risk register into audit plan scoping.
• Engage and coordinate with Lockton’s international internal audit department focused on Lockton’s non-domestic operations.
• Select, hire, develop and manage a team as needed.
• This role will report to our Compliance and Chief Privacy Officer, with a dotted line to Lockton’s U.S. Chief Operating Officer.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, IT, Legal or similar.
• 10 years of progressive internal audit or related experience with a public accounting firm, consulting firm or Internal Audit department.
• Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate a high level of technical expertise.
• Strong planning, project management and analytical skills are required.
• Must practice the Golden Rule and display a highly ethical, moral and caring demeanor.
• Excellent communication ability at all levels of the organization and willingness to be a team player.
• Insurance industry knowledge or experience preferred.
• Proficient in MS Suite a must
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023