Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton is currently seeking a highly analytical thinker, who has expertise in strategic property loss and/or risk control, to join our growing Houston Risk Consulting Team. As a trusted source for our clients and associates, the Senior Risk Control Consultant is responsible for assisting clients develop and implement creative strategies to prevent loss, reduce accidents, improve efficiencies, lower costs, and protect assets so they may continue business operations. If you are seeking a high-impact role at an organization who is “Uncommonly Independent”, Apply Today!
• Provide exceptional customer service to key accounts to improve overall risk exposure(s)
• Consult with clients and prospects with loss prevention and risk analysis intended to positively impact their loss ratio and premium levels
• Provide solutions to complex business and operations problems
• Survey locations, equipment, operations, and safety practices to identify and report potential hazards and related underwriting risks
• Evaluate client facilities and programs which may include sprinkler systems, maintenance programs, operating procedures, and natural hazards
• Review and offer improvements to insurance carrier and third-party engineering reports
• Understand, evaluate, and interpret insurance company and brokerage recommendations
• Offer recommendations and implementation solutions based on best practices, codes, and standards.
• Implement cost-effective plans to minimize losses by applying research and trends from loss history and claims analysis
• Determine loss scenarios including maximum loss and probable loss for both fire and equipment breakdown to include consideration for business interruption
• Develop plans and materials required to achieve successful implementation of risk programs
• Perform engineering due diligence for potential client acquisitions
• Collaborate with the claims and analytics teams to provide improved client service
• Provide guidance and training to team members on events and areas you are a SME
• Communicate and distribute safety, hazard prevention, and risk control information to client
• Assist Producers in identifying and retaining business through the creation and presentation of risk control services
• Ensure compliance with regulations and keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations which pertain to loss control
• Educate clients on risk control regulations as needed
• Perform other responsibilities and duties as requested
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in fire protection engineering or loss/risk control
• Working knowledge of industry standards (NFPA, API, ASCE, ASME, FM, OSHA)
• Understanding of commercial property coverage, services, and programs
• Knowledge of and ability to track industry trends and governmental regulations
• Professional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of associates and/or clients
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to effectively meet deadlines and project/work expectations with little oversight
• Desire to learn and grow in a supportive environment, with the ability to complete continuing education requirements and industry training sessions
• Focus on compliance with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
• Openness to work outside of normal business hours, as needed, to ensure client service levels are met
• Legally able to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023