Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking an Assistant Vice President for our Specialty Stop Loss team, who will act as a subject matter expert and serve the important role of consulting with Lockton clients. With the assistance of the Team Lead, the ideal candidate will possess and apply knowledge of industry trends and related regulations to service clients in an innovative and efficient manner, while mentoring and training members of the team to meet or exceed industry standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and leads the work of dedicated team personnel, including directing work assignments, scheduling and reviewing work-in progress
- Monitors team work flow and redirects as needed to ensure continued prompt and accurate service.
- Manages staff, with responsibility for hiring, performance management and coordinating training and development
- Manage a portion of complex book of business with local and national clients that are comprised of various funding methods
- Act as an expert within the Stop Loss team and consult with other internal SME’s on complex strategies to optimize client satisfaction & retention
- Primary contact with vendor partners and negotiates plans terms/changes to overall plan design
- Collect, review and prepare data to issue to market for quotes into the stop loss program(s)
- Execute client renewals by building relationships with key client stakeholders and asking effective probing questions that lead to innovative benefit plan designs
- Research and understand industry trends, carrier product offerings, and emerging trends.
- Lead the implementation process with teams, TPA’s and stop loss carriers
- Support the generation of new business by collaborating with Producers in prospect meetings, acting as the technical SME and leading the RFP process
- Ability to lead client meetings and provide “on the spot” strategic guidance and financial performance information in conjunction with or independently from the team lead
- Work with team lead in ensuring completion of reports and administrative actions for clients such as Form 5500 filings, policy checking and delivery, SPDs, etc.
- Act as a trusted business advisor by developing relationships with client’s contacts through effective
communication and quality execution of plan designs/projects
- Meet with clients in conjunction with team lead to review action items and communicate problems and/or vendor issues
- Develop and produce Request for Proposal (RFP) by coordinating vendor replies, developing an analysis from RFP responses and preparing client report with recommendations
- Use discretion, independent judgment when analyzing industry trends and provide feedback to team
- Ability to supervise and interview potential candidates for team employment
- Mentor and train team members with the end goal of providing the highest level of support by meeting or exceeding industry standards
- Identify and address client service issues; develop and implement processes and policies to improve overall client service
- Maintain an awareness of all large and potentially complicated claim related matters, assist with negotiations and resolution of claim settlement on behalf of clients
- Interpret Clients’ current plan and identifies and recommends opportunities to expand lines of coverag)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in insurance industry, specifically in employee welfare benefits
- Must have strong knowledge of all life, disability, health, and dental areas (both financial and benefits) for multiple insurance companies or TPA vendors.
- Ability to drive differing financial arrangements and products available to clients (i.e. fully insured, self-funded, minimum premium, ASO)
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to develop strong client relationships with multiple clients
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must have strong knowledge of vendor and competitors’ strengths and weakness
- Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills required
- Understands industry trends and governmental regulations
- Ability to protect confidential client and company information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Current required licenses or ability to immediately obtain
- Legal right to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
December 14, 2023
February 21, 2024
February 13, 2024
February 26, 2024