Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Houston, San Antonio, Kansas City, Plano, New Orleans, Baton Rouge
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking a Health and Welfare Actuary. This position will support the Health and Welfare clients of Lockton Dunning Benefits. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism; possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to easily adapt to changing priorities.
- Assist in strategy development and costing of scenarios to strategy discussions
- Assist in benchmarking discussions with clients, including strategy development
- Price alternative plan designs and define product strategy
- Project savings/costs related to plan design or provider network changes
- Set budget rates for self-insured plans
- Employee contribution rate development
- Perform IBNR reserve development
- Develop and deploy models to evaluate cost-saving scenarios
- Mentor and delegate work to actuarial assistant
- Seek and provide peer review to ensure high quality client deliverables
- Develop general consulting skills, knowledge, and exposure
- Budget and forecasting assistance
- Projection and other financial modeling related to health care reform
- Benefit expense estimates for proposed benefit designs
- Medical reserve estimates and year-end actuarial certifications
- At least five years of relevant health actuarial consulting and/or health plan/insurance company experience
- Bachelor’s degree (graduate’s degree is a plus)
- Minimum preferred credentials: ASA and MAAA (FSA, or plans to become an FSA, is a plus)
- Ability to work independently; must be motivated with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple types of projects at one time
- Self-motivated, high achiever who has demonstrated leadership skills that will be used in a team-oriented environment
- Strong presentation skills with ability to participate in client meetings, presentations and new business opportunities
- Team player
- Strong client presence with project management, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Well-organized with the ability to handle several projects/clients simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023