Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Management, LLC
- Coordinate Surplus Lines tax filings utilizing thorough knowledge of the laws governing surplus lines tax filings in each state.
- Receive tax filing information electronically.
- Maintain current information on state insurance and tax laws.
- Maintain database of surplus lines tax filing requirements.
- Correspond with Associates to request and follow-up for information required to file surplus lines taxes.
- Track billing of taxes through the Nexsure system to determine if taxes have been properly billed and determine the appropriate action needed to correct billing where necessary.
- Work closely with Licensing Department to determine which Lockton Associates hold surplus lines licenses.
- Utilization of on-line systems to retrieve and deliver reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Insurance or equivalent work experience.
- Recommended working knowledge of commercial property/casualty coverage.
- Proven ability to organize and manage time in order to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Ability to compile, analyze, present and interpret statistical data.
- High aptitude for mathematical calculations including multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction.
- Demonstrated professional and tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with Associates at all levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation.
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external clients and develop strong relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve Surplus Lines Tax Manager or other Associates.
- Willingness and ability to expand knowledge and effectiveness in the commercial insurance industry by successful completion of extended classes and workshops related to insurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023