Working at Lockton
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Management, LLC
Overview: Lockton Companies is looking to add a People Solutions Compliance Consulting attorney to support both our national ERISA compliance practice and our Pacific and Founders Series of Lockton Companies. The attorney in this role provides employee health and welfare benefit compliance support to Lockton account service teams and their clients in several Lockton offices.
The best candidates for this position should have the following:
· Strong legal research background
· Effective legal writing skills
· Proven track record of public speaking and interpersonal relationship skill development
· Law firm experience
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to simplify complex legal concepts and ensure non-lawyers can understand and apply them
· Strong working knowledge of ERISA, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), HIPAA, COBRA and tax issues related to group welfare benefits
This attorney must be able to foster and maintain good, cooperative, and effective working relationships with the Lockton offices and their account service teams in the field.
Above all, the successful candidate must enjoy proactively seeking out ways to keep our associates apprised of the ever-changing compliance landscape and provide the teams assurance that they are advising clients correctly.
Our ERISA compliance attorneys work closely with our account teams and clients to help them comply with the numerous obligations imposed upon group benefit programs under federal and select state laws as they relate to welfare benefit plans. Our attorneys stay abreast of compliance-related developments and communicate these developments to clients and associates via a variety of publications and web-based or live presentations.
· Provide prompt, practical compliance and technical support, both for our associates and for clients, on all employee benefit-related aspects of ERISA, the ACA, the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) and other relevant laws as they affect employee welfare benefit plans. The candidate must also be able to communicate these findings and recommendations clearly and succinctly, in layman’s terms.
· Research and prepare (or update) articles for periodic Compliance Alerts, expanded publications such as Employer Guides, and internal training and briefing documents such as white papers and various practice aids.
· Manage or share in managing complex compliance assignments, operational compliance reviews, plan compliance projects, government filings, and routine compliance management services.
· Prepare and present webcasts and live, in-person presentations on ERISA-related topics in a pragmatic, practical manner.
· Build strong relationships with internal Associates, external partners and with clients of the firm.
· Participate in developing creative, strategic, proactive, and technically correct advice to clients both in special situations and as part of day-to-day responsibilities.
· Actively participate in client and prospect meetings on demand, to gather information about potential clients, establish client needs, clarify expectations, develop strategies, and obtain feedback.
· Keep abreast of developments in the field to maintain technical, professional expertise.
· Law degree and concomitant research and writing skills.
· Minimum 4 years of experience in the employee health and welfare benefits/ERISA field generally, with a demonstrably strong focus on compliance advice, particularly with respect to ERISA and ACA.
· Service-oriented attitude. This position requires support of clients of the firm, and of internal associates who work under demanding timelines, and often with limited knowledge of ERISA compliance matters. A collaborative, service-oriented attitude, and ability to communicate complex concepts in a practical, common-sense manner, is critical.
· Must display strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to articulate complex concepts.
· Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) or similar software applications.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockton Companies is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We are committed to an inclusive culture and environment where our people, clients and communities are treated with respect and dignity.
At Lockton, supporting diversity, equity and inclusion is ingrained in our values, and we believe that we are at our best when we fully embrace everyone. We strive to cultivate a caring culture that learns from, celebrates and thrives because of our breadth of differences. As such, we recognize that recruiting, developing and retaining people with diverse backgrounds and experiences is vital and enabling our people to thrive personally and professionally is critical to our long-term success.
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
How We Will Support You
At Lockton, we empower you to be true to yourself in all that you do. Your success is our success, and we provide opportunities to help you grow and create a rewarding career path, however you envision it.
We are ready to meet you where you are today, and as your needs change over time. In addition to industry-leading health insurance, we offer additional options to support your overall health and wellbeing.
No Agencies Please
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.
Similar VacanciesView all
Life at Lockton
September 15, 2023
August 23, 2023
July 17, 2023
June 30, 2023